Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > 7-8 Days for delivery!?!

7-8 Days for delivery!?!
iMacfan
Senior User
Nov 9, 2004, 02:11 PM

Hello,

I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my 60Gb iPod Photo, and was delighted earlier today to see that it has shipped, however the email Apple sent me said this:

The expected delivery time for your order is 7 - 8 days.
Please note that these are business days and that this is an estimated lead-time only.

Can it really be true that their 'Fast Ship' Delivery will take nearly TWO WEEKS?

David

-Q-
Nov 9, 2004, 02:27 PM

They're just padding the delivery time in case of a problem. Amazon did the same thing to me when I ordered some speakers last week. I ordered them Monday, had them in my hand by Thursday even tho' they said it would take up to 10 days to get them.

And you should be able to track the progress to see where it is in the delivery cycle. I wouldn't worry too much.

iMacfan  (op)
Senior User
Nov 12, 2004, 06:12 AM

Well,

three days later, and it's still in Shanghai! Fast ship indeed

David

Update: Phoned to ask what was going on (originally told by salesman that it would ship from Ireland), and told that it is made in Taiwan, shipped to china, flown to holland, where TNT arange for delivery to UK. I'm amazed at how they make any money from this, and dissappointed because 8 working days really does mean 8 working days.
( Last edited by iMacfan; Nov 12, 2004 at 12:59 PM. )

iMacfan  (op)
Senior User
Nov 15, 2004, 09:44 AM

Well, SIX days later and guess where they are...

Yup! STILL in Shanghai. Is this normal? If it takes any longer I'll expect some great shots of the Great Wall on it when it arrives

David

Ambassadeur
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: Transatlantic flight, first class, third row, aisle seat
Nov 15, 2004, 01:13 PM

My iPod Photo left the factory on Nov 10 and is still sitting in Shanghai. At least the Kuehne&Nagel page says so. Today (Nov 15) the flight was booked. Step 2 on a looong trip to Europe I assume... Lets see how this figures with the 8-9 day delivery time.
- What is your nationality?
- I'm a drunkard. That makes me a citizen of the world.

iMacfan  (op)
Senior User
Nov 15, 2004, 03:04 PM

Tedious isn't it. Is there a seperate Kuehne&Nagel tracking page I can try? Apple told me that many iPods have been held up at customs in Shanghai, but why I don't know.

David

DVD Plaza
Senior User
Nov 15, 2004, 11:35 PM

My 60GB iPod went from Shanghai to Adelaide (South Australia) in 1 week flat - even then the weekend would have been the holdup.

Ambassadeur
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 16, 2004, 06:58 AM

Originally posted by iMacfan:
Tedious isn't it. Is there a seperate Kuehne&Nagel tracking page I can try? Apple told me that many iPods have been held up at customs in Shanghai, but why I don't know.

David
Probably they are held up because of the stupid and forbidden engravings we put on them. All these capitalistic ideas and stupidities...

The K&N page I use is http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/, but only since the apple tracking does not work properly (i.e. not at all) for me, being in Europe.

Last status is still: Flight booked. (Hope they don't have to book a week in advance or something to get a seat in economy for my iPod.)

iMacfan  (op)
Senior User
Nov 16, 2004, 09:11 AM

Thanks!

This info is far more detailed, and as of yesterday, the flight is booked. I too hope that implies that it will depart soon, and hopefully not in a microlight.

David

Ambassadeur
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 16, 2004, 09:51 AM

Thanks!

This info is far more detailed, and as of yesterday, the flight is booked. I too hope that implies that it will depart soon, and hopefully not in a microlight.

David
Well, my flight is booked as of yesterday as well. I assume our iPods could be travelling together for a substantial part of the trip. (And I agree on the microlight as a no-go option!)

I am surprised how relatively calm I am awaiting my new shiny white friend. Next thing is to find a suitable sleeve. iMacfan, have you got one already? Looking for something for working out and jogging...

iMacfan  (op)
Senior User
Nov 16, 2004, 01:39 PM

I've got good news - my tracking now says 'Flight departed'! Of course, it doesn't specify that my iPod is on that flight...

The date put down is actually yesterday, about 24h ago, so it might not be too long before we see out iPods, but on the other hand the TNT tracking number still isn't showing. When I phoned yesterday, the Apple rep said try TNT's tracking on Wed evening, so we shall see.

As for the sleeve, I'm currently running an original 5gigger, and I think the sizes are not too different. As I have a pretty nice leather XtremeMac one for that one, so will check if it fits before spending any more money. There are times when I think I should be barred from handling anything larger than a ten pound note, having just dropped �400 on a walkman, but luckily those thoughts pass quickly.

David

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2004, 03:32 PM

we got the 60 and the 40 in stock at the university computer store

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

iMacfan  (op)
Senior User
Nov 18, 2004, 09:44 AM

Hi Ambassadeur, have you seen if your iPod has gotten through to TNT? My status still says 'Flight Departed' as the last entry - Apple are looking into it.

David

Ambassadeur
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 21, 2004, 07:20 PM

Hi Ambassadeur, have you seen if your iPod has gotten through to TNT? My status still says 'Flight Departed' as the last entry - Apple are looking into it.

David
Hi David, K&N tracking for my package (iBook & iPod, at least I hope it's both of them) said "truck arrived at final destination" for Nov 17 (but the entry appeared days later!) and TNT starts its tracking on Nov 19. The package left Eindhoven on Nov 19 at night and I am eagerly waiting to follow its progress towards Austrian soil.
Hope everything will turn out alright for your shipment! Good luck! Keep us posted!
Tim

Ambassadeur
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 23, 2004, 04:22 AM

My shipment is out for delivery now and I can't wait for the doorbell to ring!!

iMacfan  (op)
Senior User
Nov 23, 2004, 09:58 AM

Just received mine - only because I saw the delivery driver as I was walking down my street to college (TNT are very inflexible, and seem to take no notice when I tell them when I'm in or out) Anyhow, I'm pretty impressed, but will have to wait until this evening to put any music on it. More info later...

Ambassadeur
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 23, 2004, 11:19 AM

Just received mine - only because I saw the delivery driver as I was walking down my street to college (TNT are very inflexible, and seem to take no notice when I tell them when I'm in or out) Anyhow, I'm pretty impressed, but will have to wait until this evening to put any music on it. More info later...
Playing around with my new iPod just now. Plus, writing this on the new iBook. Wahoo! I love them both!! Today at noon TNT was so nice to deliver them right to my university library where I was studying. So much for flexibility over here in Vienna. Thumbs up for these guys!! Well, no more studying for the next couple of hours, there is more important stuff to do

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 23, 2004, 12:25 PM

man. i love a happy ending.

:crying:

Ambassadeur
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 23, 2004, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by scaught:
man. i love a happy ending.

:crying:
:offering a hanky:

Me too. Now *snivel* if only iMacfan will fall in love too and live happily everafter with his new friend *crying my eyes out*

:galopping off into the sunset:

iMacfan  (op)
Senior User
Nov 23, 2004, 02:04 PM

I'm so glad that your stuff arrived OK, and so smoothly. As I said, I'm very impressed with the iPod and the screen. However, as pleased as I am, I can't feel the same amazement as I did when I got the original 5G iPod as a surprise Christmas present in 2001. I'm also showing outstanding patience in that I am allowing the battery to fully charge before I connect it to my powerbook. Maybe it's because I'm still so impressed with the Airport Express which I got in the Lucky bag from the London Applestore opening. Wirelessly surfing, printing and listening to my music is pretty cool. Anyhow, simple minds like simple things...

David

Forum Links
Forum Rules