Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Kudos to the Omni guys

Kudos to the Omni guys (Page 2)
Boondoggle
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 31, 2001, 12:34 AM

OmniWeb is great, and I'm using it full time in X, but there are a few problems with it for me. The toolbar just takes up too much room. I don't need the favorites bar, but but I can't seem to get rid of it, even empty... So I've always got it hidden, But...

number one, I can't seem to navigate with the mouse when the toolbar is hidden. It would be nice if there was a contextual back and forward options, or maybe some small buttons like IE. Either that or it should support my intellimouse Explorer...

The second problem is that I haven't found a way to send a link easily like IE or (better yet) send a page like NS.
1.25GHz PowerBook

i vostri seni sono spettacolari

Boondoggle
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 31, 2001, 07:41 AM

Ok, call me a dummy. I found the contextual back and forward... I don't know how I missed them.

Ok, I do. Too many words. "Back" and "Forward" are what I was looking for. I just set the contextual menu options to "Narrower and less Detailed" but that didn't seem to change anything.
1.25GHz PowerBook

Mandricard
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2001, 11:02 AM

I am using OmniWeb full time, but I can not figure out how to import my bookmarks. Other than that, CF3 has so-far been rock-solid and a joy to use. (Love the option of open link behind this window: great for the MacNN forums.

M

Gametes
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2001, 01:26 PM

Boondoggle: if you go to the menubar and select the 'Browser' menu, then click 'Hide Favorites Bar', then go back to that menu and select 'Save Window Size' You'll never have to deal with that favorites bar again.
About the toolbar: do you have it on icon only? How about text only? Both are much smaller than the two together. I agree, however, that Apple ultimately needs to have a slider for size in the toolbar; that would make it complete.

------------------
you are not your signature
you are not your signature

tie
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2001, 01:25 AM

Originally posted by Mandricard:
I am using OmniWeb full time, but I can not figure out how to import my bookmarks. Other than that, CF3 has so-far been rock-solid and a joy to use. (Love the option of open link behind this window: great for the MacNN forums.
I just posted a way to import IE bookmarks into OmniWeb over in the Third Party Software forum.
The 4 o'clock train will be a bus.
It will depart at 20 minutes to 5.

Boondoggle
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 1, 2001, 07:12 AM

Gametes: Thanks. I got confused thinking that should be in the preferences someplace.

Can I make the nav bar "buttons only"? That would be even more streamlined.

Bd
1.25GHz PowerBook

Forum Links
Forum Rules