Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.5.2 install freeze

10.5.2 install freeze
htdefiant
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2008, 06:43 PM

I have posted this on multiple websites, so sorry if this is a repeat for you.
I just downloaded 10.5.2 and a recent Quicktime update. As my Mac Pro was shutting down, it began to install the software. When it got to "Writing Package Receipt", it froze, and stayed on that screen for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes of nothing, I decided to force shutdown the machine. Upon restart, everything seems to be working OK - under About this Mac it says 10.5.2, and Quicktime says it is running the latest version. When I run Software Update, it says that Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 is available. So,
1. How can I make sure everything is really OK with my machine?
and
2. I assume I should proceed with the Graphics Update, right?
Windows on the Mac - Forums and free support for Boot Camp, Parallels, and VMWare.

UpQuark
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 13, 2008, 08:37 PM

Macs are funny that way...

If they boot, they are fine - honest. The second indication is that the package was written correctly. Software update uses the package reciepts as a means to identify what has been installed. If the package is there, then everything is ok.

SO, yes, install the graphic's update. Next time, LEAVE THE HOUSE or do something else during the update. Patience is a virtue with regard to updates. Just start it, authenticate and leave. My two cents...

Lastly, you did make a backup copy of your HD before you started this mess, yes?
" That is just crazy, man!"

htdefiant  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 13, 2008, 10:16 PM

On Time Machine, if that counts.
Windows on the Mac - Forums and free support for Boot Camp, Parallels, and VMWare.

Forum Links
Forum Rules