Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Sending Hotmail Messages via OE

Sending Hotmail Messages via OE
TATungseth
Apr 9, 2000, 06:28 PM

For some reason I can't send hotmail messages via OE. I've received a few, but sending continues to be a problem.

I've checked and double-checked my Hotmail settings, but nothing jumps out at me as possibly being the problem.

The messages just sit and wait in my "outbox," but never go. ONCE I was able to send a message by force-sending it -- by control-clicking on the mail status icon and clicking "send," and it actually went. But why isn't this working automatically?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Apr 17, 2000, 03:33 PM

Do you get an error message or what?

Have the progress window (Window menu) active when you send messages. Does the Hotmail account show up with a progress bar? If not, it is not configured for sending mail. I could go into that here, but the OE Help will be more concise.

Good luck.

TATungseth  (op)
Apr 19, 2000, 02:42 AM

Yes, it's configured to send Hotmail e-mail. If I have the progress bars on, its errors on sending/ checking hotmail. I think that I've gotten five different types of errors -- but the most common are:

Error on Connect

Access to the Resource Fork is Forbidden

Unable to Connect

At this point, I have actually seen a few get sent through Hotmail -- but it may take many "tries" over 48 hours (!!!).

Also, "force-sending" them (contol-clicking on the icon and selecting "send") works sometimes when the normal send/ receive process isn't sending the messages.

Thus, the problem is intermittent, and doesn't appear to be my settings (there aren't many settings in Hotmail anyway).

Any further advice? I've read OE Help, but it doesn't offer anything new. What it assumes is working isn't working for me.

Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules