Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Back to School Specials

Back to School Specials
Meadowfield
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 20, 2005, 05:39 PM

I'm ready to buy the G5 Dual 2.0 now but read recently that Apple customarily launches back to school promos in July. Can anybody here corroborate this? I just sold the G4 and the PB can tide me over a while longer but if it is just for a lousy Sims game or something I'd rather not.

lilrabbit129
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 20, 2005, 07:58 PM

I know for the past 2-3 years, they've had the Cram and Jam special. Buy a PB and an iPod and receive $200 back. Buy a printer with your pb and ipod and get $300.

wally22
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 20, 2005, 08:21 PM

do they have any others? I dont really need a ipod.. should i just use the current 100 back rebate goin on now? or will any other rebates take place?

alex

gangster
Forum Regular
Jun 22, 2005, 04:51 PM

might be worth waiting a bit anyway. with the recent demise of the single pm g5 there ought to be a drop in the dual pm g5 i think. $2k is too much for an entry level box, even $1800 in the school store is too high.

Meadowfield  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 22, 2005, 05:00 PM

The rebate (thanks wally22) plus the edu discount amounted to $300 off retail and I took the bait. Went for a BTO and we'll see if they get it out before the eminent price reductions. Just my luck.

Thanks guys.

Forum Links
Forum Rules