Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Opinion - sold PowerMac on ebay, but....

Opinion - sold PowerMac on ebay, but....
Semstudent
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2006, 08:15 AM

I'm looking for opinions here, particularly if you've sold on e-bay. I sold my PowerMac G4 MDD Duallie on e-bay Friday night (close of auction) to a bidder with 44 feedbacks, most of them positive. At the close of the auction I sent an invoice, the next day I sent a reminder e-mail asking him to contact me with MOP, the next day another e-mail, now it's Monday and still no contact. I can offer this auction to the next highest bidder, but how long would you wait before "giving up" on the original bidder? How many days would be reasonable?

The proceeds from this sale are to fund my new Mac.

Thanks for your constructive input.

Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo, 15.4", 2.16gHz
eMac 1 gHz

discotronic
Mac Elite
Dec 11, 2006, 09:17 AM

According to eBay rules the buyer has 3 days to contact you. They buyer could be out of town and not have access to his email. Have patience. After that you should begin to take action.

Semstudent  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2006, 09:47 AM

Thanks, discotronic, that's exactly what I needed to know. I looked at e-bay but couldn't easily find the information. I will wait until tomorrow morning before making my next move.
eMac 1 gHz

discotronic
Mac Elite
Dec 11, 2006, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Semstudent View Post
Thanks, discotronic, that's exactly what I needed to know. I looked at e-bay but couldn't easily find the information. I will wait until tomorrow morning before making my next move.
Good luck with everything. With such a high dollar item it can be tough. People bid and bail which does nothing but hurt the seller. eBay doesn't seem to care with all the chances they give people like that. I believe in one strike and they should be out.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 11, 2006, 02:17 PM

I would give it a week max before offering to the next highest bidder and/or re-listing.

alligator
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2006, 09:48 AM

I finally sold my computer on e-bay with a payment required option - at a fixed price. Try that next time.

Semstudent  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 13, 2006, 09:18 AM

Great news! Payment has been made so I'm now off to begin shopping for the new computer for my son! Yippee!
eMac 1 gHz

Forum Links
Forum Rules