Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I'm trying to get banned, but failing miserably

I'm trying to get banned, but failing miserably
PacHead
Baninated
Nov 26, 2007, 04:46 PM

I'd like a lifetime ban to go along with my other lifetime ban which was given to me by a mod with no explanations given whatsoever more than one year ago. Just remove my account, thanks.

<no nudity allowed>Interesting picture there...

( Last edited by ghporter; Nov 26, 2007 at 05:56 PM. )

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 26, 2007, 04:48 PM

That ought to do it Pac. Look after yerself mate.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Nov 26, 2007, 04:49 PM

Thanks man, and good luck to you also. Fight the good fight in the PL, don't let the wussies spout their crap.

design219
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2007, 04:49 PM

Way to go.

Out in style.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

Sealobo
Nov 26, 2007, 04:51 PM

all the best, mate!

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Nov 26, 2007, 04:54 PM

Thanks ! All the best to most of the people on this forum also ! There were some cool people here. The time has come for me to move on I suppose.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 26, 2007, 05:02 PM

I don't think it's worked yet.

Maybe you should post more photos.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 26, 2007, 05:02 PM

Take care, Pac. Cool way to go out. Not that beaver should bother anyone. . .

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2007, 05:05 PM

That was a bit of a breeze don't ya think Pachead?

Sealobo
Nov 26, 2007, 05:10 PM

the more i look at it... the more it looks like art.

Pac your chance might be slim. LOL~

dillerX
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2007, 05:15 PM

Now, this is what the lounge used to be. Haha.
I tried to sig-spam the forums.
ADVANTAGE Motorsports Marketing, Inc. • speedXdesign, Inc.

Cold Warrior
Nov 26, 2007, 05:27 PM

At least you're going out showing your true colors — one of the board's biggest assholes.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 26, 2007, 05:36 PM

That's not an asshole.

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Nov 26, 2007, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
At least you're going out showing your true colors — one of the board's biggest assholes.
No offense to any homosexually oriented non-rude people on this forum, but are you a fag or something ? Why do you object to my posting of a picture of a couple of cute girls ? I could've chosen a much more distasteful picture to get my point across. And what's up with your commie sig ? And also, my true colors are the same that they've always been, I tell it like I see it, and I make no apologies for that.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 26, 2007, 05:48 PM

PacHead, I remember your postings in the PL and can see why they would decide to ban you. This board is operated by a business that has their own interests to consider, there is no guarantee of absolute free speech here. I remember some rather racially charged statements you made against Muslims and disposing of them. Thinking along these lines, it should be no surprise that they'd wish you banned under this pretense.

ambush
Banned

this place has gone... bad......

Shaddim
Clinically Insane

You can tell that the wind was colder than she expected.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Nov 26, 2007, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mastrap View Post
That's not an asshole.
It sure isn't. Some people obviously can't tell the difference, or it probably makes no difference to them which they get.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 26, 2007, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Oh there are far larger assholes in this forum that have never been banned like this. It's not how big of an asshole you are really. I mean that will do it when it comes to Rob. But I've seen people get away with murder in the PL and even brag about it elsewhere.

I don't go in there that much anymore. It's just a verbal masterbatoryathon going on.

I almost am hoping for a Dem president to get in office just so they can shut that part of the forum down again.

Yes I know certain mods/admins claim that the "sides" have nothing to do with it. But during the time when people were complaining about all the political ruckus in here, 95% of it was redundant anti-Bush zealotry threads littering the place regardless of certain mods insistence it was "both sides" that caused it

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 26, 2007, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by ambush View Post
this place has gone... bad......
Bloody hell - who dug you up?
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 26, 2007, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
PacHead, I remember your postings in the PL and can see why they would decide to ban you. This board is operated by a business that has their own interests to consider, there is no guarantee of absolute free speech here. I remember some rather racially charged statements you made against Muslims and disposing of them. Thinking along these lines, it should be no surprise that they'd wish you banned under this pretense.
If they allow a neo-Nazi to post in the PL, I can't see how they can ban anyone from there. However, I'm not saying I disagree with the mod's position, I enjoy looking at a POV different from my own. It's important to see all sides of am issue, even if that person seems inhuman to you.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Faust
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 26, 2007, 06:04 PM

A Neo-Nazi is allowed to post his political stance in the PL? Are you exaggerating or is that true?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 26, 2007, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
If they allow a neo-Nazi to post in the PL, I can't see how they can ban anyone from there. However, I'm not saying I disagree with the mod's position, I enjoy looking at a POV different from my own. It's important to see all sides of am issue, even if that person seems inhuman to you.

I'm not interested in entertaining such low life hate filled trash, and I consider myself extremely open minded. It is just drivel and corrosive.

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Nov 26, 2007, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Faust View Post
A Neo-Nazi is allowed to post his political stance in the PL? Are you exaggerating or is that true?
They let terrorists post there too. I guess I'm just too evil, lol.

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 26, 2007, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
If they allow a neo-Nazi to post in the PL, I can't see how they can ban anyone from there.
If you're talking about whom I think you are, "allow" is not the appropriate word. That member won't ever be posting in the PL ever again-and he DID get a full explanation. To which he replied with a string of invectives and obscenity that was rather remarkable. I learned new words!

I should add that the purpose of this thread has been achieved: PacHead has gotten someone's attention and asked a question. I must say that there are better ways to do it than pushing someone to ban him completely and forever, but there it is. I'm closing the thread now.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules