Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Core Duo Mac Mini/SwitchResX scaled resolutions

Core Duo Mac Mini/SwitchResX scaled resolutions
justinkim
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2007, 09:11 PM

I'm having a small problem getting scaled resolutions to work on my Core Duo Mini.

My Mini's hooked up to a TV that only supports 480p and 1080i HD resolutions. I'd like to try to get a scaled 720 resolution running. Text in 1080i is just too small to read and 480p is really lacking screen real estate.

Also, my Mini is just a little bit too slow to play HD from my MythTV back end when in 1080i. I can tweak settings to get good playback, but I have to change them back to watch SD video. I'm hoping a scaled 720 res will fix all of my video woes.

I've created a scaled resolution in SwitchResX, but can't seem to get it to dispay as a resolution option. The SwitchResX control panel says tht it should be active, but it's never shown in either the Displays control panel or in the SRX menu.

Can anyone offer any tips or solutions?

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 9, 2007, 10:12 PM

Text is going to be completely unreadable scaled from 720p to 1080i.

justinkim  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2007, 11:38 PM

It looked pretty good when I tested it with my Macbook Pro, but even if text doesn't look that great I'll settle for better HD video.
( Last edited by justinkim; Feb 10, 2007 at 12:13 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules