Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Are Canada and the United States losing their Identities?

Are Canada and the United States losing their Identities? (Page 10)
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 5, 2011, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Athens View Post
I'm not xenophobic at all buddy. If that's the best you can do you have a weak mind. Im not racist and I have no prejudice.

Prove it.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2011, 11:56 PM

Which test am I supposed to select, I dont see one about xenophobia
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2011, 12:10 AM

Black vs White

You have completed the African American - European American IAT.

Your Result
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.
Thank you for your participation. Just below is a breakdown of the scores generated by others. Most respondents find it easier to associate African American with Bad and European American with Good compared to the reverse.

I have issues with this test, does not prove anything. I got boned a few times on the words because of my dyslexia, I got every image only run perfect with no errors. My sexual preference is def European over Black people if that matters lol.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2011, 12:21 AM

Your data suggest a strong association of European American with American and Asian American with Foreign compared to Asian American with American and European American with Foreign.
Thank you for your participation. Just below is a breakdown of the scores generated by others. Most respondents find it easier to associate European American with American and Asian American with Foreign compared to the reverse.

The test is bullshit, I got zero x's and was pretty consistent in time until the last one when it puts foreign with white faces and american with American landmarks. I slow down but has nothing to do with race it has to do with how random the items are and your reversed from the previous test which side to place them. I find the test totally useless. I want to see your rating I bet it will be some what the same.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 5, 2011, 05:51 PM

West Vancouver housing prices see massive jump - British Columbia - CBC News

A housing survey by Royal LePage indicates prices in West Vancouver, B.C., are rising faster than any other major city in Canada — and offshore money from Asia is fuelling the rise.

Royal LePage says properties in West Vancouver posted the most massive gains over the third quarter, with the price of a detached bungalow climbing about 25 per cent since this time last year to an average price of $1.2 million.
Sigh, I am never going to be able to buy a home

This comment says it all from a poster on CBC

If the Government doesn't step in soon and regulate foreign ownership of Residential Property it will be impossible for even a Doctor to own a home. Absolutely no working family can pay this kind of money much longer.

Ya right, it's more like the price of a detached bungalow built in 1948 and slated for demolition is about 1 million...

There should be a 100% tax fro anyone who buys a house in Canada and is not from the country. The middle class dream is dying a slow death in Canada.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 19, 2012, 02:35 PM

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 21, 2012, 02:27 AM

What's your issue with Asians? I don't get it.

Besides your stereotype of Asians being bad drivers and have a dirty dirty culture.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 21, 2012, 11:57 AM

did you mean my issues with immigration policy?

Forum Links
Forum Rules