Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > NIN Ghosts - world's first Blu-Ray album?

NIN Ghosts - world's first Blu-Ray album? (Page 3)
forkies
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2008, 09:41 PM

this thread is about several things, and i think some people are confusing them. of course, a new album was released so we want to talk about our opinions of the music. that's cool. but, more important than that, i think, is that musicians who are fed up with the well-established system of distributing music now have a feasible way to distribute their work and still make money. radiohead tried to be pioneers, but didn't really go the distance that Reznor did. i agree with what this article says:

The truth is that Reznor, who at times is volatile--and is always outspoken--is doing more for music fans and fellow musicians than anybody.

Earlier this month, Nine Inch Nails began distributing a digital album, Ghosts I-IV a 36-track instrumental, in a range of ways. The offer included free samples, a $5 digital version and premium packages that came with downloads, discs, and varying merchandise depending on the money one was willing to pay. In a little over a week, Reznor told The Chicago Tribune that he generated 781,917 transactions and earned $1.6 million.

he showed one way to sell his music in a non-traditional way and still make $$$$. on top of that, now he's hosting a film festival to see how listeners visually interpret his music which was released under creative commons license. fantástico! a true artist in all respects, if i dare say so here.

now, continue on bickering about something as subjective and divisive as music tastes
( Last edited by forkies; Mar 17, 2008 at 09:57 PM. )

Mystical, magical, amazing! | Part 2 | The spread of Christianity is our goal. -Railroader

starman  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 8, 2008, 12:00 PM

The $75 version just showed up. Very nice packaging. I was gonna go for the $300 and the slow web site made me second guess my decision. I don't regret it.

I'll let everyone know how the Blu-Ray version is when I get home.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Forum Links
Forum Rules