Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > One of my more important programs - Boom

One of my more important programs - Boom
RobOnTheCape
Senior User
Jul 19, 2012, 12:18 PM

I got a Mac Air a few months ago, and I found the speakers to be barely audible for watching videos or music, however, I stumbled upon the program "Boom", and it has solved the problem perfectly. It boosts the sound quite a bit, and also has an equalizer which is located up on the bar along with the slider for sound control.

I have nothing to do with the program itself(wish I did), but for both my wife and I our Airs now have all the volume we had initially hoped for.

Although it leaves me asking why Apple doesn't boost the volume in the first place.

ibook_steve
Jul 19, 2012, 02:33 PM

I have no idea what this program does, but maybe Apple didn't boost the volume because it could blow out those tiny little speakers. I'd be careful using this.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

P
Jul 21, 2012, 10:39 AM

I suspect that all the application does is boost certain frequencies to make it sound louder. It's a rather well-known trick - my car stereo has a "louder" setting that does the same thing.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Forum Links
Forum Rules