Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTT: mid-2009 MBP for iMac

WTT: mid-2009 MBP for iMac
Rumor
Aug 17, 2014, 06:52 PM

I have a 15" Macbook Pro Model MacBookPro 5,3 that has been a living on my desk for quite some time now. Being that I don't use it as a laptop at all, I figured I may as well see about trading it for an iMac.

It is the 2.66Ghz, 4GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 with a Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT 256MB video card. The HD has been upgraded to a 640 GB drive.

The MBP is in great condition with the exception that the battery doesn't hold a charge. I could replace it myself, but I still wouldn't use outside of my home as I have no need to lug a laptop around with me. The top case was replaced last year due to a dent. The screen is really bright and has no dead pixels. It has an aftermarket power cable as the original started to fray. It still is a mag safe cable though.

System is running 10.9.4. I can load iWork, iLife, and Office 2011. Possibly other software depending on what you are looking for and if I have it.

I'm looking for an iMac from around the same time that this MBP came out, possibly a version newer. I'm not particularly picky on screen size, so send an offer.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Rumor  (op)
Aug 17, 2014, 06:53 PM

Location preference would be in the Bay Area as an iMac is expensive to ship.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Forum Links
Forum Rules