Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Cinema Display questions

Cinema Display questions
ion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2001, 10:39 AM

Wut up all im thinking about getting a cinema display because of the screen space, lack of desk space, 160� viewing angles, and the general pimpness of it. Being that it will cost as much as the new G4 to go with it I had a few Q i wanted answered first, prefrebaly first hand experiences.

With my 3400/lombard screens any res less than the default result in shitty looking screenage, not that the 3400/lombard screens dont look like **** anyway, trying to scale the res makes them look even worse.

What happens if a program/game (havent played a game on a mac in quite some time, but if i ever wanted to...) requires a 4:3 aspect, does the cinema display auto crop, auto scale, or use black bars?

and last and most important how is the quality of the display, compaired to lets say a lacie electron blue 22? Any apple lcds ive seen have looked like pure **** (i say this looking at my lombard screen is disgust, even after many hours of setting color defaults, the hardware is still **** ), granted i havent seen any of the new form factor studios or any g4s or any pismos screens in person for any length of time. Ive heard only good things about the new studios and the cinema, but i would like some confirmations to make me feel good.

thanks for taking the time to read my post and hopefuly answer with some intelligence.

ion  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2001, 11:11 AM

Originally posted by ion:
What happens if a program/game (havent played a game on a mac in quite some time, but if i ever wanted to...) requires a 4:3 aspect, does the cinema display auto crop, auto scale, or use black bars?
hey sorry i didnt read through the rest of the threads here first this question has already been answered in anotehr thread.

Forum Links
Forum Rules