Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Going to San Antonio for a week

Going to San Antonio for a week
xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 06:58 PM

Yahoo! First real vacation I've had all year (that doesn't involve going to the in-laws), so I'm really looking forward to it. The only thing standing between me and the road is one more busy day and a massive pile of laundry.

I love road trips. From here to San Antonio, it's about 10 hours, so we're going to split it up into a two-day transit and stay in Dallas (10 hours in a car with a 4 year old is a no-go). While in Dallas, I hope to drop by the Apple Store there, as we don't have one here in Tulsa. I've got the iPod and the trusty ol' iTrip, some stylish new shades from Walgreens, and a crapload of change for all the highway robbers manning the tollbooths between here and there.

I haven't been to San Antonio, so I am really looking forward to checking it out, consuming much food, and sampling various beers. Aside from my own fondness for a good roadtrip, it's also cool to see how excited the munchkin is about it. She won't stop asking me if it's time to leave yet.

quesera
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2004, 07:46 PM

I hope you enjoy your visit. We've done S. A. to New Orleans, S.A. to Denver, and S.A. to Houston with an under five-year old, so we know it can be tough. I wish I had more what to see and do insights beyond tourist stuff, but Sea World, Fiesta Texas, Splashtown are the only things that come to mind, especially for a four year old friendly vacation. Children's Museum downtown has contraptions from A to Z, Institute of Texan Cultures has dinosaurs currently as well as Texas history stuff, Witte Museum has a circus memorabilia exhibit and the Science Treehouse. If I think of anything else I'll let you knowl. Enjoy your stay.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 07:53 PM

By all means, be sure to drive out the mission road and see all the old Spanish missions. They're really amazing.

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

drive-thru
Senior User
Aug 13, 2004, 08:15 PM

chris_h
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2004, 08:45 PM

I spent a month in Bexar County (sanantonio) Jail... I can't say I care much for that city.

The riverwalk is cool though.

waxcrash
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2004, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by chris_h:
The riverwalk is cool though.

They have a cool Howl at the Moon right on the riverwalk. Howl at the Moon is a duelling piano bar. You'll want to check out the Alamo too.

Secret__Police
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 13, 2004, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by chris_h:
I spent a month in Bexar County (sanantonio) Jail... I can't say I care much for that city.
Care to elaborate...........

Forum Links
Forum Rules