Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Family Guy last night....

Family Guy last night....
gumby5647
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2005, 06:25 PM

What was with Brain in that banana outfit singing about peanut butter and jelly??

Is there a joke or reference behind it.....if there was it went straight over my head
AIM: bmichel5581
MacBook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
160GB

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2005, 06:27 PM

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2005, 06:36 PM

"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

andi*pandi
Nov 21, 2005, 07:21 PM

I was more disturbed by how they ruined a song from little shop of horrors for me. the horrors!

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2005, 07:35 PM

I was crackin up when I saw that part with Brian doing that banana thing. Ever since I saw that web page a while ago, every time I make a peanut butter & jelly sandwich I end up singing that song. Good thing I don't make that many of em.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2005, 07:42 PM

-dp-

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2005, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi
I was more disturbed by how they ruined a song from little shop of horrors for me. the horrors!
Man that was the funniest part.

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

V12
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2005, 08:21 PM

the part with Mr. Herbert ther pervert and Chris was fairly funny too, but this scene has to be one of the funniest scenes...for those who got it.

And does anyone else notice that family guy makes several paradies from Indiana Jones (last nights epidsode and the stewie griffen untold story dvd)

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2005, 08:30 PM

I love this show. Great episode. Although, both Family Guy and American Dad had basically the same episode theme: Parent trying to connect with child.

Sandkat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2005, 08:40 PM

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2005, 09:09 PM

Wow, now that is a banana.

SuvsareRetarded
Banned
Nov 22, 2005, 12:04 AM

I didn't get that either. Must have missed the memo. On a sidenote, how awesome would it be to be the guy who made that flash animation to have Brian do that on FG?! Oh man!

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2005, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by V12
And does anyone else notice that family guy makes several paradies from Indiana Jones (last nights epidsode and the stewie griffen untold story dvd)
Micheal Eisner falling off the cliff into alligator infested waters was my favorite scene.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Nov 22, 2005, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by SuvsareRetarded
On a sidenote, how awesome would it be to be the guy who made that flash animation to have Brian do that on FG?! Oh man!
It's not that great. When NBC used it on the show "Ed" they sent him a bowling pinned painted and autographed by the cast, AND they asked permission to use it. Fox just did their without even asking.

He's not that annoyed that they did a version with Brian on the show, more that they did it without asking first.
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

SuvsareRetarded
Banned
Nov 22, 2005, 10:26 AM

Well, it's not like he spent much time animating, and I'm guessing the song wasn't his either. I think it'd be sweet if they used something I did.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Nov 22, 2005, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by ReggieX
It's not that great. When NBC used it on the show "Ed" they sent him a bowling pinned painted and autographed by the cast, AND they asked permission to use it. Fox just did their without even asking.

He's not that annoyed that they did a version with Brian on the show, more that they did it without asking first.
He doesn't deserve **** for his "amazing" animation. Wow, he took a dancing banana and looped it to music that he didn't create. Family Guy took the idea and did a parody of it. Neither are funny. So boohoo to him. Yes, I read the thing on SA. It's simply overblown imo.

SuvsareRetarded
Banned
Nov 22, 2005, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by demograph68
He doesn't deserve **** for his "amazing" animation. Wow, he took a dancing banana and looped it to music that he didn't create. Family Guy took the idea and did a parody of it. Neither are funny. So boohoo to him. Yes, I read the thing on SA. It's simply overblown imo.
Exactly. I'd be thrilled if I took the brickhead animation and put it to a song I didn't create and family guy referenced it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules