Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 'Books 'n' USB Speakers

'Books 'n' USB Speakers
Nai no Kami
Senior User
Jun 20, 2002, 01:13 PM

My only computer is a blueberry iBook and I have a h/k soundtick set attached to it. I have never had a single problem with them except for the following:
1) If my Mac starts up with the speakers attached, I get full functionality, volume and mute keys work, if I have a volume menu item, it works OK, and every app outputs its sound through the speakers.

2) If I detach the speakers from my computer (because I want to carry it somwhere else, for example), when I connect my speakers back I encounter the following symptoms: menu and mute keys work for the internal speakers only and movie and sound previews in the Finder plays through the internal speakers and any other open app sounds through the built-in speaker too.
The only way to correct this seems to log out or restart to get full output/functionality back again

Does somebody else have this problem?. If we have a multithreaded OS, why do Soundsticks are not fully enabled to all open apps prior to speaker connection when they are reconnected? I even believe that OS 9 was capable of that. Finally Does anyone know if this is corrected in Jaguar?

Y no entienden nada... ¡y cómo se divierten!...

Forum Links
Forum Rules