Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Accessibility of MacNN from NFN

Accessibility of MacNN from NFN
christ
Professional Poster
May 23, 2001, 06:23 AM

I know that this has been asked a couple of times elsewhere in the last few days, but it may have been lost in the noise.

Why is there no link from any of the other NFN sites to MacNN?

Like a good assimilated citizen I wandered off to look at the other NFN sites, but then I found that I couldn't get back (OK, I know about the back button in my browser, but that misses the point - there are at least 4 links to MacNN on the new MacNN front page, why none on the others?). Even on sites with Apple related content (osopinion) there was no 'for more Apple stuff visit www.macnn.com' or similar.

For a corporation that prides itself on conformity and consistency I find this to be something of an oversight.

While I'm here, what has happened to the links to macdesktops, architosh and similar? Couldn't they be incorporated into that 'brand characteristic' white double strip at the top of the page instead of redundant links to individual fora? Or even as additional tabs?

Chris. T.

Chris. T.

"... in 6 months if WMD are found, I hope all clear-thinking people who opposed the war will say "You're right, we were wrong -- good job". Similarly, if after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say the same thing -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush." - moki, 04/16/03

bradoesch
Professional Poster
May 23, 2001, 07:38 AM

They're still working on it. Once they get MacNN's site finalized, didn't they say they'd have it all linked up?

------------------
Why 1984, won't be
like "1984"

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
May 23, 2001, 07:41 AM

Yes. MacNN will be finished and then it'll be linked up.

Soon; it will all come in time.

------------------
the oddball newsletter
------------------
it's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

Forum Links
Forum Rules