Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac G3 USB Ports.

iMac G3 USB Ports.
GabrieL^
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 5, 2006, 10:44 PM

my brother has an iMac 600Mhz Snow CD-R, appearently his USB ports dont work anymore. at first he thought his computer was freezing because he would move around the mouse and nothing would happen. he plugged the keyboard and mouse into a PC he had laying around and they worked. anyone know if this is a common problem? where can he get one if this is really his problem? and is it soldered to the logic board?

thanks

beetleboy
Forum Regular
Sep 5, 2006, 11:19 PM

Wow, That's the first time I've ever heard of that happening before. I'll have to do some research on this.

Beetleboy
G4 17" iMac 1.25 Tiger
G3 Lime iMac DV 400 Tiger
G3 Snow iMac SE 700 Panther
G3 Graphite iMac DV SE 400 Panther

GabrieL^  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 5, 2006, 11:36 PM

ya i wouldnt want my brother to have to buy something that wont help, maybe the problem lies elsewhere. would a pram battery cause this? whenever he unplugs his computer the clock resets.

Forum Links
Forum Rules