Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes won't let me change movie title

iTunes won't let me change movie title
surfacto
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2007, 10:23 PM

So I ripped some short video clips to mpeg4 with Handbrake, then joined the titles as one with MPEGstreamclip. But when I add the movie to my iTunes library, it assigns it the title of the first clip in the sequence. This is also the title that appears on the top of the window when I open the video in Quicktime. What really baffles me is that when I open the info window in iTunes and attempt to change the title, it won't change. Anyone know what's going on here? Thanks.
jc

bmcgonag
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2007, 03:49 PM

I would suggest checking the permissions of the file, you may have to give yourself write permission to change the title.

Also, if this doesn't resolve it, remake the clips, and name them all the title you want, and the 2nd will be NameYouWant2, 3rd will be NameYouWant3 and so on, and then since it uses the name of the first clip, it will display the name you want.

Hope this helps,

Brian
Brian <- That's me
www.osxtechtips.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules