Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Trouble pasting text in Mail

Trouble pasting text in Mail
capecodder
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2015, 08:31 AM

I often compose my email messages in Word and then paste them into the message box for an outgoing email. In Mavericks, if I just pasted, Mail inserted an extra line feed between paragraphs. If I did a Paste and Match Style then I didn't get the extra line feeds. However, now that I am in Yosemite, the extra line feeds are inserted for Paste and also for Paste and Match Style. This is true whether I use plain text format or RTF. How can I suppress the extra line feeds?

hab
Forum Regular
Feb 28, 2015, 07:14 PM

This is so frustrating. My work around has been to copy the message from Word to TextEdit. Then copy from TextEdit to Mail. An extra step but it does work ...
21.5" iMac 2.7GHz i5; 15" FP iMac 0.8GHz G4, iPhone 5S

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 2, 2015, 07:52 AM

Word includes a lot of formatting metadata in what you copy, which can sometimes give you formatting problems at the destination. Text Edit doesn't include nearly as much crap when you copy. Why not just compose in Text Edit?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules