Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > Problems with Turn-By-Turn Voice Prompts with Navigation Apps - No Voice??

Problems with Turn-By-Turn Voice Prompts with Navigation Apps - No Voice??
m021478
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 28, 2010, 03:09 AM

Anyone have any idea why, when using both the Navigon and TomTom navigation apps, I am have problems getting the turn-by-turn voice prompts working consistently. It's not that I can't hear them, it's just that they aren't even being spoken??

In the Navigon MobileNavigator app, I've checked the preferences and have verified that the volume setting for the voice prompts isn't disabled.

In both apps, I've double tapped the 'Home' button and have paused iPod playback (which strangely enough seems to start playing back every time I launch one of these apps even if I wasn't listening to music before hand), but again, that doesn't work and I still don't hear any voice being played back??

I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling each of these apps, but still no dice??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Worth noting is that I am currently Jailbroken with Firmware 3.1.2, which I did using BlackRa1n
-------------------------------------------
Please don't tell me to "search the forums" before posting. I can assure you that I already have!

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 28, 2010, 09:18 AM

Navigon works fine here. Have you got vibrate switched on?

If not I would say 'do a restore', however you do that having jailbroken your phone.

Forum Links
Forum Rules