Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > bad breath

bad breath
ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2005, 09:15 PM

besides brushing and flossing, what's the best remedy?

i remember there was something that takes care of it by the stomach...anyways what do u do before an interview, date etc?

air
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2005, 09:19 PM

acid reflux can cause bad breath, so any kind of over the counter anti-acids help.
i recommend brushing your tongue with a large med/soft toothbrush and then gargling with listerine

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2005, 09:20 PM

Listerine.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Cold Warrior
Aug 6, 2005, 09:32 PM

if I skip a meal my breath will stink, so if you're like me, maybe a bit of food in your stomach combined with a mint will be helpful.

RonnieoftheRose
Aug 6, 2005, 09:35 PM

Brushing, flossing and mouthwash only clean your mouth. 90% of bad breath comes from inside your body in the lungs and stomach, especially if your diet is bad, are full of toxins or you have liver damage. Junkfood is one of the major culprits as it leaves a lot fo undigestable garbage in your body. I smoke 40 a day and drink hard spirits but my diet is good and so is my breath.

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 6, 2005, 09:38 PM

If good brushing and flossing habits, and regular (daily) and proper use of Listerine don't make your breath much better, see your doctor and your dentist. There are two oral issues that can cause halitosis, those being gum disease or tooth disease-Listerine usually takes care of any oral bacteria that could otherwise cause a problem. Your dentist can easily determine whether your teeth or gums are at fault-but the oral hygeinist will be your bane for a while if it IS your gums!

If it isn't in your mouth, it's probably somewhere farther down the gullet, so your doctor should check you out. Even tonsilitis can cause foul breath!

There are other issues not connected with the esophogus that can mess with your breath as well, like a sinus infection or post-nasal drip.

The Very Best Thing to do is brush at least twice a day (and ALWAYS before going to bed!), floss at least daily, and gargle according to the lable directions with Listerine at least daily (twice a day is better). Not only will Listerine help your breath and overall oral health, it can help keep the nasty stuff that gives you colds from getting a foothold. I haven't had a full-blown cold for about three years-ever since I started religiously gargling and then swishing Listerine (about 1/2 ounce gargled for 30 seconds and then swished for 30 seconds) twice a day. Note that Listerine-like products will not necessarily work as well; go with the real thing because it is worth it.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 6, 2005, 09:46 PM

Breath mints. Easy fix.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2005, 09:58 PM

Do your teeth look like this?

"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

crazyjohnson
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 6, 2005, 10:54 PM

That was not necessary.
Change your world and you will change your mind.

Heavy Fluid
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2005, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by crazyjohnson
That was not necessary.
Not necessary, but funnier than hell. I just showed it to a guy I work with that dips.

air
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2005, 10:59 PM

neither is this dude

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2005, 11:03 PM

i like these:

"I start fires!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules