Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Children arrested, DNA tested, interrogated and locked up... for playing in a tree

Children arrested, DNA tested, interrogated and locked up... for playing in a tree
Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Aug 1, 2006, 04:25 PM

"To the 12-year-old friends planning to build themselves a den, the cherry tree seemed an inviting source of material.

But the afternoon adventure turned into a frightening ordeal for Sam Cannon, Amy Higgins and Katy Smith after they climbed into the 20ft tree - then found themselves hauled into a police station and locked in cells for up to two hours."

What in the world is wrong with these police officers?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...66&expand=true

"Hello, what have we here?

Y3a
Mac Elite
Aug 1, 2006, 09:28 PM

Superintendent Stuart Johnson, operations manager at Halesowen police station, said: 'I support the actions of my officers who responded to complaints from the public about "kids destroying" an ornamental cherry tree by stripping every branch from it, in an area where there have been reports of anti-social behaviour.

In the UK? You're grasping for straws here bud!

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Aug 1, 2006, 09:36 PM

Something we need to know:

Was the tree consenting to the plan?

Was the tree old enough to make a decision by itself?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 1, 2006, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Landos Mustache
What in the world is wrong with these police officers?
They're in the UK.

The other day a bunch of kids were had by the cops for playing hopscotch on the sidewalk.

Bloke faces up to five years in prison for feeding pigeons in his own back garden.

Like I've been saying, the UK has turned into @sshat central. Basically it's moved from "anything not banned by law is OK" to "anything not permitted by law is banned". Nine years of a commie government will do that.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

malvolio
Professional Poster
Aug 1, 2006, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
They're in the UK.

Like I've been saying, the UK has turned into @sshat central. Basically it's moved from "anything not banned by law is OK" to "anything not permitted by law is banned". Nine years of a commie government will do that.
Hey, you're talking about Dumbya's only friend in the whole world, you know.
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

Y3a
Mac Elite
Aug 2, 2006, 08:25 AM

But isn't Blair the UK version of Bubba Clinton? Thats what the US press(fat lot of liars they are) says.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2006, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Y3a
But isn't Blair the UK version of Bubba Clinton? Thats what the US press(fat lot of liars they are) says.
Blair's a Marxist control-freak leftie @sshat. Like Fidel, but with smoke and mirrors.
Simple as that.

Landos Mustache  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2006, 11:45 AM

They're in the UK.
Ya so, when did I say differently?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2006, 11:59 AM

Ya so, when did I say differently?
You asked what was wrong with those cops. The answer (which I gave) is: "They're in the UK". That's what's wrong with them.

UK cop training now involves more politically-correct awareness training than "knowledge of the law" training. Which is why Blair recently changed the law so that every offence is arrestable. Since coppers aren't given much training in the law these days, the younger ones don't know what's traditionally arrestable or not - so they had to make it so they'd cart you off to the cells and let the desk sergeant work out how bad your crime is.

So, whether you're a 6'5" thug with a sawn-off shotgun or a 6-year-old girl spitting out a bit of throat snot, the result is the same - you get arrested and carted off down to the cells while they work out what they can charge you with.

Landos Mustache  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2006, 12:26 PM

You asked what was wrong with those cops. The answer (which I gave) is: "They're in the UK". That's what's wrong with them.

UK cop training now involves more politically-correct awareness training than "knowledge of the law" training. Which is why Blair recently changed the law so that every offence is arrestable. Since coppers aren't given much training in the law these days, the younger ones don't know what's traditionally arrestable or not - so they had to make it so they'd cart you off to the cells and let the desk sergeant work out how bad your crime is.

So, whether you're a 6'5" thug with a sawn-off shotgun or a 6-year-old girl spitting out a bit of throat snot, the result is the same - you get arrested and carted off down to the cells while they work out what they can charge you with.

Do you live there?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2006, 12:48 PM

Do you live there?
You haven't really been paying attention, have you?

Yes, I live in the UK.

Rumor
Aug 2, 2006, 12:58 PM

Didn't everyone already know that it's illegal to play as children play? They're supposed to be sitting at home, sucked into thier televisions, video games and computers.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Monique
Mac Elite
Aug 2, 2006, 01:06 PM

They propably did not strip every branches because they would not have been able to play in the tree.

Some people go overboard. Now instead of blaming the police blame the busy body that called the police. That person needs to get a life and stop bothering children.

And it has nothing to do with Mr. Blair. The police was answering a complaint.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Monique
And it has nothing to do with Mr. Blair.
Sorry, bzzzt. It has everything to do with Blair, since his policies are what have caused this new found stupidity.

When you've been living under Blair's idiotic regime for a while and actually have experience of this sort of thing happening, let me know.

Monique
Mac Elite
Aug 2, 2006, 01:39 PM

Sorry, bzzzt. It has everything to do with Blair, since his policies are what have caused this new found stupidity.

When you've been living under Blair's idiotic regime for a while and actually have experience of this sort of thing happening, let me know.
So it is Blair that called the cops and the idiotic person that called the cops has no responsibility whatsover??

Zeeb
Mac Elite
Aug 2, 2006, 01:48 PM

Is this an exceptional case or a trend? Every once in awhile there are stories like that everywhere. Cops on power trips arresting people for no reason or for very minor infractions because they feel like it. Since its unusual it makes the news. If it starts happening on a consistent basis sounds like you might be headed for a police state.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2006, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Is this an exceptional case or a trend? Every once in awhile there are stories like that everywhere. Cops on power trips arresting people for no reason or for very minor infractions because they feel like it. Since its unusual it makes the news. If it starts happening on a consistent basis sounds like you might be headed for a police state.
It's pretty much a trend, driven by government policy. We're definitely heading for a police state.

andi*pandi
Aug 2, 2006, 02:52 PM

that's foolish and sad. It would have scared the kids enough to be warned off the tree.

and we complain that kids today don't play like in the old days.

::remembers tree forts fondly::

Forum Links
Forum Rules