Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 2 (Page 2)
KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2010, 10:37 PM

New DLC to purchase

Bioware has finally announced the first piece of DLC that you can purchase separately outside of the Cerberus Network. Mass Effect 2’s first Purchasable DLC (PDLC) is currently titled “Kasumi’s Stolen Memory”.

The PDLC will make available a new thief named, obviously, Kasumi. Kasumi will be found on the Citadel and provide you with some new missions and tack on a new achievement upon their completion. The only details available about those missions are that they involve some stolen art and you will (assumingly) help in their recovery. During those missions you will unlock a new weapon called the Locust Weapon, with no details yet released about it.

Price and date of its release have not been set.

Hopefully it comes out sometime soon!

gradient
Mac Elite
Mar 13, 2010, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
New DLC to purchase

[/b][/i]

Hopefully it comes out sometime soon!
Finally! I sure hope it comes out soon, too. My dream is for ME2 to end up with the same depth of DLC as Fallout 3 has, though it'll never happen I know.

alfredbond
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 17, 2010, 03:22 AM

Mass Effect 2 is the perfect fusion of the shooter and RPG genres. When you're not playing it, you wish you were. When you are playing it, you can't imagine doing anything else. Engrossing, captivating, stunning. Roll on DLC, and Mass Effect 3. Mass Effect 2 delivers the best experience of its kind in this generation-and considering I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I finished my initial 39-hour playthrough a few days ago, a lower score would feel disingenuous. From its mechanics to its writing to its presentation, Mass Effect 2 is the kind of game that justifies gushing clichés and superlatives. I can't recommend it highly enough.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 19, 2010, 11:16 PM

Release dates set for ME2 DLC

To summarize:
Free DLC: March 23rd.
Premium DLC: April 6th, (reported) 560 MSP, 1 achievement.

gradient
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2010, 04:25 PM

NICE. I really hope, though, that the DLC actually adds to the overall storyline of ME2 instead of just being meaningless side quests. I'd pay for extra storyline for sure.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 9, 2010, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by gradient View Post
NICE. I really hope, though, that the DLC actually adds to the overall storyline of ME2 instead of just being meaningless side quests. I'd pay for extra storyline for sure.
Just downloaded it. From what I've heard it's a loyalty mission and it's takes 45-60 min to complete. Seems kind of pricey for 560 M$ points. 700+ MB download! I'll give my review after I beat it.

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
Insanity is quite the challenge. It would probably be easier with the Soldier class.
Dude, you ain't kiddin! I've got my level 30 soldier and I've gotta say it reminds me of the verteran difficulty of Call of Duty: WaW. I'm dreading the "abandoned" reaper ship mission. That mission was hard enough on Hardcore difficulty! I will eventually 100% that game!

Rumor
May 3, 2010, 10:46 PM

I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2010, 11:44 PM

Meh, this is the kind of crap not worth paying for. Give me more gameplay DLC.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
May 8, 2010, 01:32 PM

I'm playing ME2 again through for the second time. Everything about it is great other than the loading screens and somewhat sketchy combat.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 11, 2010, 12:23 AM

New DLC "Overlord" June 15

The DLC boasts "the most sweeping of the contest released yet for ME2" with 5 planets to be explored with the Hammerhead, featured in the Firewalker DLC. It also promises to be somewhat of a horror experience, complete with dark corners, flickering lights, and a seemingly omnipresent alien intelligence overseeing it all. Bioware promises a little over two hours of content.

560 M$ points
Unsure if there will be new achivements.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2010, 10:56 PM

Lair of the Shadowbroker coming September 7!

This piece of DLC will have you fighting your way through Illium and the Shadowbroker's lair, as well as giving the player the Shadow Broker intel center, as well as new research and five new achievements. And, to top it all off, it'll give you a chance to pursue your relationship with Liara, ala Mass Effect.

"The Lair of the Shadowbroker" will be available on September 7th for 800 MSP.
**** yeah!

Leonard
Professional Poster
Aug 24, 2010, 10:14 AM

I'm on my second play-through right now of Mass Effect. Alot of fun. I'll have to decide which play-through to use for this. My first one was as a Paragon soldier. My second is as a Renegade soldier (I looked at the other classes and couldn't see myself playing without rifles and other weapons).

I'm trying to knock off a few achievements I missed the first time around. I didn't realize the mission for Zaeed was his loyalty mission and screwed it up. I need to get the level 30 character achievement, and I'm also trying to get the achievements for the other DLC.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 24, 2010, 03:13 PM

You can't get to level 30 on your first play through. You'll have to do it on your 2nd play through.

The only achievement I need on the retail part of the game is beating it on insane difficulty, which is almost impossible. Don't even attempt to try it without a level 30 character.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 2, 2010, 09:48 PM

Leonard
Professional Poster
Sep 5, 2010, 11:23 PM

Geez Louise, what's with all the Mass Effect 2 DLC lately? I still haven't finished the second play-through, then I have the Overlord DLC, then this DLC. Then there's the Bioshock 2 DLC.

I knew I shouldn't have taken that vacation!
MacBook Pro

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2010, 01:16 AM

If you don't own the DLC for this game, now is the perfect time to get it!

Kasumi Stolen Memory - 560 MSP on sale for 200 MSP
Lair of the Shadow Broker - 800 on sale for 200 MSP
Overlord - 560 on sale for 200 MSP

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 2, 2011, 03:31 PM

Yeah I took advantage of the holiday discount and bought the last dlc - lair of the shadow broker.
MacBook Pro

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2011, 11:14 PM

There's rumor of more DLC being released leading up to the launch of ME3 this fall.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2011, 10:07 PM

Resurrection time...

"Arrival" DLC set for release March 29

In Mass Effect: Arrival, Commander Shepard is sent to the edge of the galaxy to rescue an undercover operative who may have evidence of an imminent Reaper invasion that has been looming since the very beginning of the series. Returning and playing a prominent role in Mass Effect: Arrival is fan favorite Admiral Hackett, who is voiced by legendary science-fiction actor Lance Henriksen (Alien, Terminator).
Here are some teaser screenshots...

Seriously, if none of you have played this game, you should consider it, especially since it's a $20 game for the 360. One of the best stories you'll ever come across for a video game!

560 M$ points for the DLC. Leonard, you gettin' it?

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2011, 10:29 AM

Yes, I'll likely buy it.

I finished the other DLC packs. Although, if I had the time I was going to try to finish the Shadow Broker DLC on a harder dificulty to get the last achievement in the Shadow Broker DLC.

Any word on whether there are achievements in Arrival DLC?
MacBook Pro

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2011, 09:36 PM

The article states the DLC will have 3 achievement, but no more details than that.

You can beat the Shadow Broker DLC on hardened and get the achievement. Insanity difficulty is freakin' tough.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2011, 09:49 AM

You can beat the Shadow Broker DLC on hardened and get the achievement. Insanity difficulty is freakin' tough.
Yeah, I was going to try it on hardened. There's no way I'm trying it on insanity difficulty.
MacBook Pro

Forum Links
Forum Rules