Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Export iTunes library to HTML?

Export iTunes library to HTML?
Ilja
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 1, 2004, 06:14 PM

I remember a thread about an app that could export your iTunes albums to HTML, including album-art. Cannot find it anymore though. Only found a applescript that doesn't work on Versiontracker.
I'm Appleless and unhappy: tiBook is dead and iPod stolen

hardcat1970
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2004, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by Ilja:
I remember a thread about an app that could export your iTunes albums to HTML, including album-art. Cannot find it anymore though. Only found a applescript that doesn't work on Versiontracker.
that's called itunes catalog and it is a $10 buck shareware.

Moonray
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2004, 10:00 PM

A free one without exporting the cover art is here: http://www.noodlez3k.com/software.html (more free iTunes scripts at http://scriptbuilders.net/category.php?search=itunes).
If you really want the artwork I suggest you rather learn AppleScript for $10 and do it yourself. It isn't that hard.

-

OreoCookie
Feb 1, 2004, 10:26 PM

Yeah, I tried that once. The resulting HTML file was 1.3-1.5 MB in size (I don't remember exactly anymore). I am not sure if that is useful for anything but playlists ...
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Ilja  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 2, 2004, 09:46 PM

Originally posted by Moonray:
A free one without exporting the cover art is here: http://www.noodlez3k.com/software.html
-
Tried that one, however when I want to convert it doesn't appear to do anything. Maybe it saved the html-file somewhere, but I'm clueless where it saved it....
I'm Appleless and unhappy: tiBook is dead and iPod stolen

hotani
Senior User
Feb 3, 2004, 05:26 PM

phptunest is a nice little script, but it requires php.

Cool thing is, it will dump your songlist into a MySQL database - I use it for that function, then I pull from the database.

The output of the app is fine unless you have tons of songs, in which case it will be really slow since it puts it all in one html file.
// hōtani
MDD G4 dual 867

Forum Links
Forum Rules