Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > FOX News attacks Disney for insufficient homophobia!

FOX News attacks Disney for insufficient homophobia! (Page 2)
Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 01:40 AM

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 01:40 AM

Originally posted by dcolton:
Personal attacks....I know, perfectly alright if you are gay or liberal. When are the mods going to be fair and unbiased. Demonhood? Anyone? If I respond in kind am I gonna get a warning, 'timed out', banned?

Either way...your inability to be civil shows how weak the pro-gay arguments are
You're right. I didn't get any warning, and my wise crack shows that I really have no argument. I feel so ashamed to have acted a fool on an Internet forum and gotten away with it. God save me. And the Queen.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2004, 01:43 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 01:45 AM

Originally posted by MindFad:
LAAWL! That would be true if you have the post in each page pref set the same as yours tard.

Sorry about busting up your fanboy pic.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 01:45 AM

Posted by a man old enough not to be required to show his ID when buying a 6 pack.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2004, 01:46 AM

it does effect me.
how?

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2004, 01:47 AM

LAAWL! That would be true if you have the post in each page pref set the same as yours tard.

Sorry about busting up your fanboy pic.
I'm sure Mr. President wouldn't be bright enough to change the settings.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 01:50 AM

I'm sure Mr. President wouldn't be bright enough to change the settings.
I'm sure you're bright enough to run a government. The "GW is stoopid" attacks are unfounded and old. Not even funny. Why is it that when people ask a question, they refer to a question about Bush's intelligence, which they would have no knowledge of?

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 01:51 AM

Originally posted by CreepingDeath:
Posted by a man old enough not to be required to show his ID when buying a 6 pack.
Ah dang.. I really didn't know the Fad was that young.

I should go easier on him. He's still a teenybopper.

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 01:52 AM

i have changed my ways.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 01:53 AM

He's a teenager? Doesn't look it? How bout you?

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 01:55 AM

He's a teenager? Doesn't look it? How bout you?
Me? I am well out of my 20s.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2004, 01:56 AM

I'm sure you're bright enough to run a government.
I don't know. I wouldn't mind trying. It'll probably be tough. I'm gonna have a few beers, do a line, and think about it. I'll get back to ya on that when I'm 40.

The "GW is stoopid" attacks are unfounded and old. Not even funny.

So don't laugh. I'm only joking around. I don't pretend that I could run the country in an efficient manner�but I'll certainly criticize the President's actions and policies if I disagree with them.

Why is it that when people ask a question, they refer to a question about Bush's intelligence, which they would have no knowledge of?
No one asked me a question. Or maybe I missed it.
( Last edited by MindFad; Aug 8, 2004 at 02:02 AM. )

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2004, 01:59 AM

Oh, I've passed the teenybopper days. 22, heading into the "twenty-threes" this year.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 02:00 AM

Technically it's not a question. You said Bush couldn't figure out the vB prefs. My bad. But still, constantly referring to him in an unrelated thread is dumb.
Also, I don't go around criticizing Kerry's intelligence. I think he's a liar, but I don't think he's stupid.

hey!_Zeus
Banned
Aug 8, 2004, 02:01 AM

tard.
You posted a pic calling Mindfad racist. Then you call him a tard.

Are they not personal attacks that are abuse reportable.

I'll ask Demonhood because I'm not sure.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 02:06 AM

Originally posted by hey!_Zeus:

He has been following me around personally attacking me. He's a fanboy. The both cancel each other out.

At least that is how it works when I complain about people personally attacking me if I am apart of it. Demon will just tell me "You were doing it too" and nothing is done.

I accept it. I am sure you will too.

Now lets get back on track and talk about Disney and homos.

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 02:08 AM

Originally posted by hey!_Zeus:

Hey, jesus, why don't you mind your own business? This is between Zimphire and God. And mind fad. And the Queen.

dcolton
Banned
Aug 8, 2004, 02:10 AM

Oh, dcolton, I'd report abuse from all of these people if I were you. Then they could get banninated. I thought there were "no personal attacks" as rule 1? Well, unless you're a tiny step right of Stalin. Yeah, report abuse and see if the moderators listen�or care.
I do. Mods don't give a damn because the abusers are libs. They let them have free reign then when a conservative fights back, they hit the ban button in their effort to censor the truth

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 02:12 AM

I do. Mods don't give a damn because the abusers are libs. They let them have free reign then when a conservative fights back, they hit the ban button in their effort to censor the truth
Most of the mods are liberal. Not all. Take it that in stride.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2004, 02:13 AM

He has been following me around personally attacking me. He's a fanboy. The both cancel each other out.

Oh, you just wish you got that much attention. Repeat it enough and you start to believe it.

At least that is how it works when I complain about people personally attacking me if I am apart of it. Demon will just tell me "You were doing it too" and nothing is done.

You goad and troll all the time. You practically beg for it, I'd say. Come on, you can take it.

Not that I personally attack you. It just eats you up that twisted a graphic of yours and copied an idea for one. Ya big sissy (omg, hit teh raport butten).

I accept it. I am sure you will too.
Repeat it enough and others might believe it.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 02:18 AM

Ah, you've stumbled onto the problem. Most geeks are elitist libs, and even more so for mac users because they buy into the chic elitist "we have better computers so we're better than you" thing some PC nerds use. The modern art thing might also have a relation. Ever seen those ads more MacDirectory?

Try this: pm the main guy here and say "I think it is unfair who neo-cons are treated on this board. I think it very unfair that so few liberals are banned for the same things many neo-cons are banned for. Can you please lighten up a bit and be a little less biased in your search for someone to ban? I wouldn't ban a lib who disagrees with me, or a neo-con."

A spanish translation might also help.

Just make yourself out to be the Che of the board and it might be ok. Everyone loves revolutionaries. Even counter-revolutionaries.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 02:20 AM

Oh, you just wish you got that much attention. Repeat it enough and you start to believe it.

No, really. Go look at your last 10 posts in this forum. You got quite an obsession going on there.

You goad and troll all the time. You practically beg for it, I'd say. Come on, you can take it.

I am not the one threatening to report people..

Not that I personally attack you. It just eats you up that twisted a graphic of yours and copied an idea for one. Ya big sissy (omg, hit teh raport butten).
Again, I am not the one crybabying about it. I figured we were just "playing"

Others got offended. Hiss and honk to them fanboy.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 02:25 AM

Umm.... so should Fox attack Disney? Is it any good? Would I care? Does it change the course of history? Will it bring on the apocalypse? Will we create human/alien hybrids with the intelligence to figure out how to get a G5 inside a powerbook without it exploding? I'm so baffled... will I....?

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 02:30 AM

Originally posted by demograph68:
Umm.... so should Fox attack Disney? Is it any good? Would I care? Does it change the course of history? Will it bring on the apocalypse? Will we create human/alien hybrids with the intelligence to figure out how to get a G5 inside a powerbook without it exploding? I'm so baffled... will I....?
Does anything matter in the long run? If I asked for my grandma on a phone sex line, would it matter?
What a weak attitude.

dcolton
Banned
Aug 8, 2004, 02:38 AM

Ah, you've stumbled onto the problem. Most geeks are elitist libs, and even more so for mac users because they buy into the chic elitist "we have better computers so we're better than you" thing some PC nerds use. The modern art thing might also have a relation. Ever seen those ads more MacDirectory?

Try this: pm the main guy here and say "I think it is unfair who neo-cons are treated on this board. I think it very unfair that so few liberals are banned for the same things many neo-cons are banned for. Can you please lighten up a bit and be a little less biased in your search for someone to ban? I wouldn't ban a lib who disagrees with me, or a neo-con."

A spanish translation might also help.

Just make yourself out to be the Che of the board and it might be ok. Everyone loves revolutionaries. Even counter-revolutionaries.
Whose in charge?

Been there done that at any rate. Even recieved a few emails from someone. End result...NADA! It is so funny. I think it is time to change the mods and find someone who can be fair. Have you ever noticed though...that there is always at least one conservative banned at any given time. Wonder why!

Also, how many libs have been banninated? I don't think I have seen one even disciplined.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 02:42 AM

�Revolution ahora!

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 02:57 AM

Whose in charge?

Been there done that at any rate. Even recieved a few emails from someone. End result...NADA! It is so funny. I think it is time to change the mods and find someone who can be fair. Have you ever noticed though...that there is always at least one conservative banned at any given time. Wonder why!

Also, how many libs have been banninated? I don't think I have seen one even disciplined.
Starting now I think the admins should ban anyone making any personal attacks or jabs in this forum. Including me if I do it.

It would clam down a lot of the shenanigans in here.

But I doubt you'll ever see it happen.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 02:58 AM

Does anything matter in the long run? If I asked for my grandma on a phone sex line, would it matter?
What a weak attitude.
Uh huh... right. For starters I'd recommend a chill pill because I was just kidding.

"I wouldn't give PBS the satisfaction that I watched their drek. Rather go watch UPN." -Communist thread.

What a weak attitude indeed. Here someone complains about Fox. Now you complain about PBS. What is accomplished? NOTHING! As for the link in this thread to Fox news, I checked it out. Was their judgment correct? That's debatable. However, I at least saw it. Therefor I may make a judgment based on my observation.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 03:00 AM

Starting now I think the admins should ban anyone making any personal attacks or jabs in this forum. Including me if I do it.

Zimphire, I'm sooooo trying to play it cool. Please bring it to my attention if I say something out of line. Thanks.

dcolton
Banned
Aug 8, 2004, 03:10 AM

If it would be done fairly...I am all for it. But according to DH, using the term canuck is a personal insult...but calling someone an idiot, asshole, ignorant, stupid, biggoted, racist, dumb, etc is acceptable.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2004, 03:12 AM

While this is mildly amusing, it is also messed up. Even Tammy Bruce, a lesbian herself, says it is messed up what the *radical* gay agenda shoves down kids' throats.
Oh, dcolton, I'd report abuse from all of these people if I were you. Then they could get banninated. I thought there were "no personal attacks" as rule 1? Well, unless you're a tiny step right of Stalin. Yeah, report abuse and see if the moderators listen�or care.
I suppose it took quite a bit of restraint not to report every one of dcolton's posts for offensive content.

Went with the ignore list instead.

Oh, and "welcome" back.

I thought you quit? Why come crawling back for more?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2004, 03:16 AM

Technically it's not a question. You said Bush couldn't figure out the vB prefs. My bad. But still, constantly referring to him in an unrelated thread is dumb.
Also, I don't go around criticizing Kerry's intelligence. I think he's a liar, but I don't think he's stupid.
Non-sequitur.

You're honest enough to admit that Kerry isn't stupid, but not honest enought to admit that Bush is.

That doesn't mean that he isn't.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 03:17 AM

If it would be done fairly...I am all for it. But according to DH, using the term canuck is a personal insult...but calling someone an idiot, asshole, ignorant, stupid, biggoted, racist, dumb, etc is acceptable.
Don't forget "Redneck, homophobe, and gay" Those are allowed too it seems.

dcolton
Banned
Aug 8, 2004, 03:28 AM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
I suppose it took quite a bit of restraint not to report every one of dcolton's posts for offensive content.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Spheric...the one guy who gets away with personal insults on a daily basis. Are you really Demonhood? I heard a rumor that a mod was posting.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 03:29 AM

Don't forget "Redneck, homophobe, and gay" Those are allowed too it seems.
You're all of them Zimphy!

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 03:31 AM

Spheric...the one guy who gets away with personal insults on a daily basis. Are you really Demonhood? I heard a rumor that a mod was posting.
Naw Demon is a bit more clever.

And yeah, Spheric has been getting away with more in this forum in the past 4 months than I have since I started.

ANYHOW, lets get back to Disney and the 8th dwarf that never made it. "Limpy"

Stradlater  (op)
Professional Poster

Why has my thread turned into bickering?
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Zimphire
Baninated

You're all of them Zimphy!
OMG eye am hitting teh report button!1

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 03:32 AM

Originally posted by Stradlater:
Why has my thread turned into bickering?
Anytime you mention homosexuality or religion, or both, the thread will get derailed into personal bickering.

I think homosexual topics should make it on the list of "no no" topics a long with religious ones.

angaq0k
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2004, 03:52 AM

My point is simple. You guys can accuse me of all you want and name call all you want. But when it comes down to it...I am more tolerant than most of you hate filled idiots. Just because I think the gay lifestyle is wrong and I am against gay marriages doesn't mean I hate anyone. It simply means I have an opinion and I won't be intimidated by those who choose to attack simply vbecause my point of view doesn't jive with yours.
But you do not have an opinion. You use other people's point of view to support publicly a positiion. Having an opinion does not require 8 pages of pseudo-scientific data and propaganda.

To accept gays in a society is a society's choice, just like accepting a heterosexual lifestyle is a society's choice.

You may use the Nature argument but that does not jive because homosexual behavior occurs in nature as well and is frequent.

When the FoxNews reporter confronts the Disney rep about protecting children agains a so-called gay agenda, the man is asking Disney to make a choice to not promote (or facilitate the promotion of) the gay culture with the "gay days". The reporter, whose job is to report news, is actually asking to have those days stopped. Not his job, and that is infringement to the right of gays to express themselves and to Disney to operate a business as they think they should.

You say you are tolerant of gays and more accepting of them than other hate-filled members of this forum, but all you have demonstrated is your ability to repeat the propaganda of others.

If you have an opinion, say it, and be done with it, instead of flooding these pages with the opinion of others. If you want to promote the opinion of others, then this would be different now wouldn't it?

You may not hate gays, but your willingness to show how wrong it is leaves to wonder about the nature of your agenda.
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 03:57 AM

Originally posted by angaq0k:
You may use the Nature argument but that does not jive because homosexual behavior occurs in nature as well and is frequent.

So does people putting large metal hooks into their skin. That doesn't mean it's natural. BTW, natural doesn't just mean "occurs in nature"

The def most people use

"Conforming to the usual or ordinary course of nature: a natural death.

Now, take death (example given) People die from self inflicted gunshot wounds all the time. It occurs in nature. But it's NOT a natural death.

So yes, something can occur in nature, and NOT be the usual or ordinary course of nature.

You say you are tolerant of gays and more accepting of them than other hate-filled members of this forum, but all you have demonstrated is your ability to repeat the propaganda of others.

What propaganda was that?

You may not hate gays, but your willingness to show how wrong it is leaves to wonder about the nature of your agenda.
If people weren't so venomously AGAINST anyone showing an opinion other than "homosexual sex is perfectly natural and normal" maybe his opinion would be made such a big deal of.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 04:04 AM

What would be a good compromise for each side of this debate? Can there be legal recognition to same-sex couples, that excludes the idea of gay marriage?

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 04:06 AM

What would be a good compromise for each side of this debate? Can there be legal recognition to same-sex couples, that excludes the idea of gay marriage?
What does this thread have to do with same sex marriages?

demograph68
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 04:50 AM

What does this thread have to do with same sex marriages?
Nevermind.

So the question then would be if it's right for disney to support "Gay Day" for the possible negative influence on the children, correct? I don't believe the children would be in any harm. (Maybe the parents?) Should disney promote one minority but not another? Probably not. It's a public theme park, so i don't think discrimination is right either.

Varney's effort to link the "Gay Days" event to Disney's release of a computer designed for children, however, is a new twist on the attacks.
Would that be considered "projecting" on Varney's part?
( Last edited by demograph68; Aug 8, 2004 at 05:09 AM. )

angaq0k
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2004, 08:54 AM

So does people putting large metal hooks into their skin. That doesn't mean it's natural. BTW, natural doesn't just mean "occurs in nature"
stay on topic; were not talking about people putting hooks in their skin.

The def most people use

Now, take death (example given) People die from self inflicted gunshot wounds all the time. It occurs in nature. But it's NOT a natural death.

So yes, something can occur in nature, and NOT be the usual or ordinary course of nature.

What propaganda was that?
I was replying to dcolton... Did you really read my post? I am referring to the 8 pages of "urban Legends".

If people weren't so venomously AGAINST anyone showing an opinion other than "homosexual sex is perfectly natural and normal" maybe his opinion would be made such a big deal of.
No one is against his opinion. We are all reacting at the "special way" he does it...
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2004, 10:49 AM

it does effect me.
How does homosexuality affect you?

You seem to have ignored my asking this question earlier. Perhaps it is too difficult for you to answer.

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2004, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by Wiskedjak:
How does homosexuality affect you?
quoted for emphasis.

Stradlater  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 02:17 PM

I think he meant that humans aren't the only animals upon this earth that recreate in homosexual activities. Oh, and "consonant to the methods of nature" is one definition of "natural."

The def most people use

Ummm...self-inflicted gunshot wounds do not occur in nature (neither do piercings) as long as you go by the typical "occurring in nature means other animals/plants do similar things."

I think you're completely misinterpreting things.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 02:28 PM

In regards to animals and what they do in nature, some eat their own kind also.

Forum Links
Forum Rules