Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Quicksilver power supply question

Quicksilver power supply question
discotronic
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2006, 11:14 PM

I did a search and didn't find the answer. What I found with Google didn't really help.

Does anyone know if a regular ATX power supply can be easily modified to work in a Quicksilver? I found this on eBay:

eBay: Adaptor ATX to G4 Power Supply 22 Pin DA Quicksilver (item 330020464407 end time Aug-31-06 01:01:51 PDT)

It is supposed to convert an ATX power supply. I have looked for solid documentation but have come up empty handed. An original power supply can be over $100 but I don't want to spend that kind of cash if I don't have to. I was reading somewhere that the power supply has a couple extra pins to power an ADC display.

Any advice is appreciated.
( Last edited by discotronic; Aug 21, 2006 at 11:29 PM. )

Dino-Rider
Baninated
Aug 22, 2006, 08:19 PM

It's a pain in the ass..... but it can be done. I'd suggest the strangedog forums.

Olrik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2006, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by discotronic
I did a search and didn't find the answer. What I found with Google didn't really help.

Does anyone know if a regular ATX power supply can be easily modified to work in a Quicksilver? I found this on eBay:

eBay: Adaptor ATX to G4 Power Supply 22 Pin DA Quicksilver (item 330020464407 end time Aug-31-06 01:01:51 PDT)

It is supposed to convert an ATX power supply. I have looked for solid documentation but have come up empty handed. An original power supply can be over $100 but I don't want to spend that kind of cash if I don't have to. I was reading somewhere that the power supply has a couple extra pins to power an ADC display.

Any advice is appreciated.

Hi thats my auctions thats true there only 2 Pins but the pinout is different too-It`s tricky to change and you can damage your Mac .At the second point you need 25 Volt it`s need for the PMU Unit.

If you have question feell free to aks me
or look on our websites www.s-c-m.de www.s-c-m.info

Forum Links
Forum Rules