Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > My Universal Access pane is gone!

My Universal Access pane is gone!
Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 11, 2004, 01:38 AM

Hi,

I just noticed today that my Universal Access pane has disappeared !!! The icon is there, but when I select it I get a blank area. What can I do.

btw. It's not that I use it - it would just be nice to have it around. I'm using 10.3.2.
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

Krusty
Professional Poster
Feb 11, 2004, 02:04 AM

Originally posted by Fonzie:
Hi,

I just noticed today that my Universal Access pane has disappeared !!! The icon is there, but when I select it I get a blank area. What can I do.

btw. It's not that I use it - it would just be nice to have it around. I'm using 10.3.2.
Mine works fine in 10.3.2. Try deleting the prefs for this (or just checking to see if the prefs file is corrupt).

Should be /YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.universalaccess.plist

Good luck

Fonzie  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 11, 2004, 06:59 AM

Originally posted by Krusty:
Mine works fine in 10.3.2. Try deleting the prefs for this (or just checking to see if the prefs file is corrupt).

Should be /YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.universalaccess.plist

Good luck
thank you for your interest in this topic- but I'm having no luck getting Universal Access to function.

Nai no Kami
Senior User
Feb 12, 2004, 12:49 PM

Originally posted by Fonzie:
thank you for your interest in this topic- but I'm having no luck getting Universal Access to function.
Delete also the system preferences cache.
I'm not in fornt of my Mac right now, but I believe it is located at ~/Library/Cache/ and/or /Library/Cache/

You may be also experiencing duplicated prefpanes. Deleting the caches will solve the problem.
Anyway, and just to make sure, go to the System folder (not "System Folder", the one that is used by Classic) and check that the prefpane is there and the dissapearance is not due to accidental deletion.

Good luck!

Y no entienden nada... ¡y cómo se divierten!...

Fonzie  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 12, 2004, 02:27 PM

Originally posted by Nai no Kami:
Delete also the system preferences cache.
I'm not in fornt of my Mac right now, but I believe it is located at ~/Library/Cache/ and/or /Library/Cache/

You may be also experiencing duplicated prefpanes. Deleting the caches will solve the problem.
Anyway, and just to make sure, go to the System folder (not "System Folder", the one that is used by Classic) and check that the prefpane is there and the dissapearance is not due to accidental deletion.

Good luck!
thank you mate. I'll try that a little later.

Forum Links
Forum Rules