Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [Preview] Rebooted Icons

[Preview] Rebooted Icons (Page 2)
kovacs
Mac Elite
Apr 6, 2004, 01:19 PM

Woow amazing, great work...

joltguy
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 6, 2004, 01:36 PM

Phenomenal... superhero-like even!

Thanks Dave!!!

Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 6, 2004, 01:36 PM

Awesome work! I just love that trash can, and the drives. And that chair. I can't believe the amount of detail you've put into these icons
Thanks

justinp
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 6, 2004, 01:44 PM

Any chance for some Zion folders?

unlinear
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 6, 2004, 02:08 PM

"Whoah."

Komisar
Mac Elite
Apr 6, 2004, 02:10 PM

OMG THEY ARE AMAZING I HOPE U DO A FOLLOW UP BUT FOR MOST OF THE GENERIC APPS, WOW ITS A GREAT SET, by the way can u turn the teaser picture into a desktop just get rid of the realease date and iconfactory.com and it would be great

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 6, 2004, 02:37 PM

OT:
Originally posted by joltguy:
superhero-like even
Yes! I looove Hackers!

Back on topic: I must say, Dave, you keep amazing us! :Smooch:

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

FB Eye
Senior User
Apr 6, 2004, 03:32 PM

Now why oh why did DSKY take his Matrix Neos out of circulation? Anyone still has it? Please mail it to me at fb_eye at spymac.com

Thanks!!!

cmove
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 6, 2004, 04:03 PM

Sweet

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 6, 2004, 04:20 PM

FB Eye: Sent!

Apfhex
Mac Elite
Apr 6, 2004, 04:30 PM

These icons are way more awesome than I was expecting. I may just have to use them.

Now it would be even more awesome to see a Matrix theme to match these! Some greyish-green (not too much color though), maybe with a little bit of the Zion feel in there.
Mac OS X 10.5.0, Mac Pro 2.66GHz/2 GB RAM/X1900 XT, 23" ACD
esdesign

cube3
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 6, 2004, 05:15 PM

sheesh dave, another superb set.

Dave Brasgalla  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 6, 2004, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by Komisar:
OMG THEY ARE AMAZING I HOPE U DO A FOLLOW UP BUT FOR MOST OF THE GENERIC APPS, WOW ITS A GREAT SET, by the way can u turn the teaser picture into a desktop just get rid of the realease date and iconfactory.com and it would be great
Thanks for the compliments, but this is the follow-up set!

Your idea for the desktop seems doable, but I need a little break... I have had a cold for several days and had to work through it... I am a little Matrix'ed out at the moment...

I'll make time for that desktop next week.

Dave Brasgalla  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 6, 2004, 05:51 PM

Thanks for all the kind words, everybody - I'm glad you all like the icons. And, yes, I am a secret "Hackers" fan, especially because of the Neville Brody GUIs and the prototype Wipeout game featured! Extra points for using a clear Powerbook, too...

Keifer
Apr 6, 2004, 07:04 PM

This makes it so bloody apperent that we need a decent matrix theme to use with Dave's (daisy, daisy... sorry, 'Hal' moment...) uber cool icons.
"keyfur"

deej5871
Senior User
Apr 6, 2004, 09:38 PM

Kind of weird seeing how I just bought the Matrix Revolutions DVD today (just realized that makes sense since it came out today). That thing would have cost me $28!!! But luckily I had a Kroger card so it only cost $23.. but still, $23 is a lot for a DVD, even the Matrix.

Komisar
Mac Elite
Apr 6, 2004, 10:17 PM

Dave, i really appreciate it, now i would like to talk more appropiatly. Dave you are an amazing icon artist, and i speak on behalf of everyone that this is one or might be the best set you every made. ever pixel is perfect... thanks for it...... do you know of any full icon app replacement sets that might complement yours?

THANKS FOR ALL OF IT,
Komisar

Hope you feel better, lol.

Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 6, 2004, 10:34 PM

Originally posted by Stuphalina:
FB Eye: Sent!
Ahh! I deleted my copy! Nooo, could you send me a copy too at caesar2099 at mac.com

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 6, 2004, 10:42 PM

Caesar2099: yeah yeah, send me an e-mail, and I'll send it to you.

Komisar
Mac Elite
Apr 6, 2004, 11:37 PM

Wat ever it is i want it too [email protected] ty

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Apr 7, 2004, 12:38 AM

Now that's the IconFactory quality I know and love, it had been some time since there were any IconFactory icon sets I liked.
click one

ryaxnb
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 7, 2004, 04:47 AM

Originally posted by iOliverC:
*faints*

I could sit on that chair, honestly, its so damn real.
The trash can is a little too real, IMHO.
Trainiable is to cat as ability to live without food is to human.
Steveis... said: "What would scammers do with this info..." talking about a debit card number!

hosince
Apr 7, 2004, 06:22 AM

so cool!!
i want some templete too.....
however i notice this
The Icons - Application (Jujitsu20) x
The Icons - Application (Jujutsu20) o

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Apr 7, 2004, 10:02 AM

Dave Brasgalla: THANK YOU! Beautiful icons.

SwarmyCurve
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 7, 2004, 10:24 AM

These icons make me want to make over my whole mac (to complement them).

... and I don't even like the matrix films!

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Apr 7, 2004, 01:02 PM

I'd be into Zion versions of everything, if you guys could do that. It's almost too green to match most desktops or themes.
click one

Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 7, 2004, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by deej5871:
Kind of weird seeing how I just bought the Matrix Revolutions DVD today (just realized that makes sense since it came out today). That thing would have cost me $28!!! But luckily I had a Kroger card so it only cost $23.. but still, $23 is a lot for a DVD, even the Matrix.
Consider yourself lucky, most new releases here in Sweden cost somewhere between $25 and $33 here (converted from Swedish currency).
Revolutions is at about $30 (we did get the DVD on the 2nd though ).

Sorry for going off topic

Komisar
Mac Elite
Apr 7, 2004, 06:15 PM

Does anyone know a full application make over, well most of them to complement this theme?

Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 7, 2004, 06:57 PM

Originally posted by Komisar:
Does anyone know a full application make over, well most of them to complement this theme?
Learn english Komisar , Neos Matrix is a good theme to go with these, I'll send it to ya

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 7, 2004, 06:59 PM

Neos Matrix is turning into the village bicycle. Hmm.

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Apr 7, 2004, 07:25 PM

I also lost Neos Matrix when I upgraded to the new version of Neos.
email is my profile, thanks to anybody who can send it me.

TRK
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2004, 10:00 AM

The icons rock!!! Thanks for the tips too!!

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Apr 8, 2004, 10:23 AM

During the thread about the Xbox theme Cerbero did a concept of his take on the Xbox look.

This look (with perhaps a slight green 'tinge' to the black) would be the perfect complement to these icons.
( Last edited by Mediaman_12; Apr 9, 2004 at 10:01 AM. )

Komisar
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2004, 12:10 AM

That is beautiful the way it is it would be great to go with it, perfect if he is continueing. would be cool

Dace
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2004, 02:32 AM

And my thread gets hijacked yet again

The Matrix Revolutions DVD is 23$ Canadian here in Montreal...no discount needed

Did it ever come out in theatres?? I never noticed if it did, Matrix Reloaded sucked big time in my opinion.

Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services

Dave Brasgalla  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 9, 2004, 07:20 AM

Originally posted by Cerbero:
Consider yourself lucky, most new releases here in Sweden cost somewhere between $25 and $33 here (converted from Swedish currency).
Revolutions is at about $30 (we did get the DVD on the 2nd though
We have to pay import taxes (it's a "foreign" film)...

Okay, here's "off-topic" (sort of):

You know, people dog on Reloaded, and I admit the "Burly Brawl" is very awkward, but there were some things I really liked. I think one of the things that was so exciting about the original Matrix was that it really was Reeves and Fishburne doing the fighting scenes - it was fascinating. Making the characters CG in the Brawl did nothing for a generation raised on playing video games with good graphics cards. I can load up Unreal Tournament, set some bots and watch them fight, but who cares? I appreciate the technical artistry and the choreography of the scene, but I still have zero involvement with it from a film-watcher's point of view..

Now, the Chateau fight - that's underrated! Fantastic set piece and with half a dozen different weapons no less. It also had some nice "beats", like the "He's just a man" moment and the bookending dialogues with the Merovingian, the cut to the overhead shot of the banging doors as the Keymaker runs - the whole sequence just really works, start to finish, more than any other in the film. I also like the feel and pacing of the scene with Persephone in the bathroom. Great up-close classic movie kiss, even if it is a bit creepy. Check out the luscious texture and lighting after Persephone has kissed Neo, and her head is still in the shadow of his, and her eyes slowly move to look at Trinity - best shot of the whole film, in my opinion. I think Reloaded was arguably cheated of at least a cinematography nomination.

Which brings me to what I think is the second big mistake of Reloaded (after the CG Brawl): lose the sunglasses! For no discernable reason other than "coolness", everyone is wearing sunglasses all the time. I think this makes Neo & pals too "iconic" and stylised. In "The Matrix", you could almost always see Keanu's eyes, and his facial reactions were quite a good indicator of his predicament, especially since for much of the film, we are seeing things only from his perspective. Think back to the dojo scene, where Morpheus does his little "hmmpf" with a tiny smile. That scene is perhaps the highlight of the entire film, in terms of execution and engagement. How effective would that scene have been if they were both wearing sunglasses? Would the aforementioned shot in the Reloaded bathroom scene have any impact if Persephone had been wearing shades? I don't think so. Don't cover your actors eyes, especially if they don't have much to say!

Komisar
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2004, 11:38 AM

True, but there are something you can't reach without using graphics int he fighting seen and cgy characters, the possibilities are endless with a virtual fighter. making the fight even more intense, but i understand where your comming from

deej5871
Senior User
Apr 9, 2004, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by Dave Brasgalla:
You know, people dog on Reloaded, and I admit the "Burly Brawl" is very awkward, but there were some things I really liked. I think one of the things that was so exciting about the original Matrix was that it really was Reeves and Fishburne doing the fighting scenes - it was fascinating. Making the characters CG in the Brawl did nothing for a generation raised on playing video games with good graphics cards. I can load up Unreal Tournament, set some bots and watch them fight, but who cares? I appreciate the technical artistry and the choreography of the scene, but I still have zero involvement with it from a film-watcher's point of view..
FYI--In the behind-the-scenes stuff on the Revolutions DVD they say that in the first movie everything was choreographed and they followed it to the letter when it was filmed, and that in the second and third films (okay, maybe not Reloaded, but for sure in Revolutions) they altered some of the choreography on set during filming because it didn't work well (with the rain and whatnot).

Dace
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2004, 11:26 PM

Matrix Reloaded was a terrible movie period. It was half of a movie shamelessly put together and elongated just so there could be 3 Matrix movies....probably Matrix 2 and 3 should have been one movie.

Not to mention they lost the passion and beauty of the first one (same thing happened to Star Wars Episode 1 and 2 and probably even 3). Its just for the money.

What I really hated was at the beginning of the movie there was an 8 minute scene where Trinity jumped off a roof as she was being followed by an agent. The whole slow motion/still-camera trick has been to death...and eight minutes of it??!! Sheesh...they're really trying to stuff the movie in order to make it longer. And that agent multiplying himself...what that hell was that?? And I thought he was dead. Agent wearing sunglasses i can agree...makes them cold and impersonal, but the others, not to mention they are always so serious, ridiculous. We should call them the fashion models rebels.

Anyways, I could go on..but theres too much to critisize. Point is, Matrix 2 sucks..not even worth renting.

Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services

fireside
Professional Poster
Apr 23, 2004, 04:45 PM

could someone send me this NEOS Matrix? [email protected] thanks.

oh, and Dave, is there really any difference between the regular folder and the alt. folder? i can't tell any difference.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Apr 23, 2004, 07:28 PM

Originally posted by Dace:
Matrix Reloaded was a terrible movie period. It was half of a movie shamelessly put together and elongated just so there could be 3 Matrix movies....probably Matrix 2 and 3 should have been one movie.
All 3 movies were written before Matrix 1 was even made, WB signed a contract where they would publish/produce (whatever the hell they did) the first movie and if it did well they would sign a contract for the other two as well... So it wasn't some lame "lets make more money with 2 more BSed movie scripts" that were written after the first.

I for one loved Reloaded, Revolutions was great except for the really kinda stupid ending, and the first is a classic.
click one

deej5871
Senior User
Apr 23, 2004, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
All 3 movies were written before Matrix 1 was even made, WB signed a contract where they would publish/produce (whatever the hell they did) the first movie and if it did well they would sign a contract for the other two as well... So it wasn't some lame "lets make more money with 2 more BSed movie scripts" that were written after the first.

I for one loved Reloaded, Revolutions was great except for the really kinda stupid ending, and the first is a classic.
That's what I thought it was like but since no one else was saying it I thought I would just get told that I was wrong. But I have heard from someone that they were all written at about the same time (except the plot adjustments to Revolutions of course, since the Oracle actress died).

I also agree that Reloaded and Revolutions were good..I hate it when people say the original Matrix movie was the only good one..

Dave Brasgalla  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 24, 2004, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
oh, and Dave, is there really any difference between the regular folder and the alt. folder? i can't tell any difference.
The only difference is the Open/Drop state. On the alternative icon, the front piece of paper inside the folder comes up and out at a bit of an angle. The reason I did that is because I spent so much time making the damned piece of paper that I thought it was a shame you didn't actually get to see it. However, I ended up making the separate "document" icon to show that art off - and that led to another icon, eventually snowballing into the entire Rebooted set. I suppose you can trace the whole thing back to that alternate folder, since originally, I was only going to make one icon for myself (the folder).

So be careful, the next time you sit down to make one simple folder icon...

Forum Links
Forum Rules