Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > quake 3 questions

quake 3 questions
cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 14, 2005, 08:09 PM

i've been playing quake 3 team arena for a while now and occasionally, it crashes. any ideas why? nothing else is running while i play, other than adium.

some of the quake 1 and 2 models look nice, but can't be used in quake 3. is there a way to convert them to be useable in quake 3? i did find something that said you can use quark 5 for converting quake 1 to quake 2, but i can't find anything about converting to quake 3.

Captain Egotist
Banned
Mar 14, 2005, 08:28 PM

If you have a dual processor machine Quake3 crashes whenever you catch a rocket in the face. No idea why.

>shrug<

cruciarius  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 14, 2005, 09:03 PM

it crashes even with a dual processor?

forgot to mention what i have. i'm using an iMac OSX 10.3.8, 800 MHz and 256 MB ram. my brother has an eMac with 1.3 GHz (i think) and 256 MB ram and his quake 3 never crashes.

cruciarius  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 15, 2005, 09:07 PM

more questions...

any way to get around the model/skin limit? i've downloaded lots of models/skins that i'd like to be able to use, but it only lets me view the first couple "pages".

expanding on the quake 2 model converting to quake 3 model question...is it possible to convert models from UTK3/4 or any other 1st person shooter game to quake 3?

ps: sorry about the double post

Forum Links
Forum Rules