Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Job opening - Software Engineer - Palo Alto, CA

Job opening - Software Engineer - Palo Alto, CA
Bwa
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 25, 2005, 01:38 PM

(Unfortunately this isn't a Mac job--it's a Unix job.)

I am searching for a software engineer to work in my group in Palo Alto. Job requires proficient C and intermediate or better Unix skills. Knowledge of bash or Perl a plus. This can be either a jr or sr level person (multiple openings). Mail me privately for more information and with a link to your resume.

Also:

- Relocation (within the US) isn't a problem for the right candidates.
- Recent grads who are good programmers are encouraged to apply. If you just graduated from college and want to work in Silicon Valley--and you're good--don't be bashful to contact me.
( Last edited by Bwa; Jun 25, 2005 at 03:33 PM. Reason: added some notes.)

iJed
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 26, 2005, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bwa
(Unfortunately this isn't a Mac job--it's a Unix job.)

I am searching for a software engineer to work in my group in Palo Alto. Job requires proficient C and intermediate or better Unix skills. Knowledge of bash or Perl a plus. This can be either a jr or sr level person (multiple openings). Mail me privately for more information and with a link to your resume.

Also:

- Relocation (within the US) isn't a problem for the right candidates.
- Recent grads who are good programmers are encouraged to apply. If you just graduated from college and want to work in Silicon Valley--and you're good--don't be bashful to contact me.

That sounds exactly the kind of job I'd like to be doing (except that I don't live in the US)

1. Its C. I've been wanting to get a job doing C programming.

2. Its unix based (rather than Windows)

3. Its in California, where I've wanted to work since I visited SF when I was still a student in 2003

4. I'm probably qualified to do it

Detrius
Professional Poster
Jun 26, 2005, 03:08 PM

I was thinking the same thing... but I just got a different programming job two weeks ago. This one's great, and I'm getting the hang of it. Why consider leaving?
ACSA 10.4/10.3, ACTC 10.3, ACHDS 10.3

Forum Links
Forum Rules