Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Mac Pro shipping dates are coming down!

Mac Pro shipping dates are coming down! (Page 2)
macgeek2005  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2006, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by derekn
Yes, one user recommended that for installing RAM. He tried to take out the risers and put them back in with the tower standing and it was really hard. So best way if there is going to be a lot of pushing or pulling is on it's side.

Hmm.. hard to say, shouldn't really matter though since the display is only 23".
So you don't know which port is which?

derekn
Senior User
Sep 1, 2006, 02:23 AM

I do not, no.

macgeek2005  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2006, 02:22 AM

I was just informed that a X1900XT has shipped!

Can anyone confirm this, and has anyone elses shipped?

derekn
Senior User
Sep 3, 2006, 02:43 AM

I'm still at my September 19th ship date... hopefully that will change over the weekend or sometime next week.

derekn
Senior User
Sep 3, 2006, 04:05 AM

Second confirmed shipping of an X1900 system at Appleinsider:
Let's share Mac Pro ship dates - Page 5 - AppleInsider

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2006, 10:23 AM

Yeah.... last night at about 10PM, got an email stating my order has shipped, and is due on Sept 6th..

Now the longest 3 days of my life begin

I paid for expedited shipping, but just my luck it fell on a 3-day weekend!
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

mr. mister
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2006, 11:37 AM

Luckily they don't have Labor Day or weekends in China.

macgeek2005  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2006, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by UnixMac
Yeah.... last night at about 10PM, got an email stating my order has shipped, and is due on Sept 6th..

Now the longest 3 days of my life begin

I paid for expedited shipping, but just my luck it fell on a 3-day weekend!
Yeah, my Mac Pro (without ATI) is would've probably shipped by now if it weren't a weekend. .

My X1900XT upgrade kit says Estimated Ship October 6th. It's gotta ship at least a month before that if what i'm hearing is true.

Oversoul
Senior User
Sep 3, 2006, 12:32 PM

These posts got me excited, but, alas, my shipment date is still set for September 19 with delivery by September 26. Still, from what I'm reading, I expect my shipment date to come down in the next few days. I doubt I'll change to next day shipping because I've already waited so long so what's a few more days?

derekn
Senior User
Sep 3, 2006, 02:17 PM

Ditto here, I've been at September 19th with a 21st delivery date too. I'm sure it will come down in the next day or two. Looking at the orders that have shipped so far, I think they're all with wireless, so they seem to be doing those first. Then they'll get to the orders with less intricate stuff.

Oversoul
Senior User
Sep 3, 2006, 03:11 PM

My CTO is with BT/wireless though. But I did place the order on Aug. 15 and those whose orders have shipped may have ordered earlier. We'll see.

My order is as follows:
3.00 GHz Quad Xeon
1GB 667 DDR2 FB DIMM ECC-2x512
ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB
250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s drive
16x SuperDrive DL
Airprt Extrm & BT 2.0+EDR
Apple Kybd & Wrls Mgty Ms
Mac OS X
Country Kit

derekn
Senior User
Sep 3, 2006, 03:25 PM

Hmm... hard to say. UnixMac ordered his on the same day as me, August 19th. So I'm not sure what formula Apple is using... some reps at the Apple Store said they'd be shipped by date ordered. August 19th is quite a time after August 7th. LOL I almost get the feeling they have a satchel with all the web order numbers, go to someone at random, pick a slip of paper and that one gets built and shipped.

derekn
Senior User
Sep 3, 2006, 10:29 PM

Hey Macgeek, your PM box is full. check your email.

alligator
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2006, 01:22 PM

My Sept. 12 date is not coming down. We are getting closer and closer, and I can still cancel. WTF?

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2006, 03:30 PM

ordered august 29th... still sept 27th ship date...

bt+AP
160gb drive
x1900xt

hope it comes down, I am selling my old mac today!!!

Zach

derekn
Senior User
Sep 4, 2006, 03:34 PM

Hopefully we'll be getting our shipping notices this week, preferably early.. like today. LOL One user from the UK at the macrumors.com forums said his shipped, so Apple seems to have them all over. For what it's worth another user posted that his shipped from Fullerton, CA so for the US shipments they have a shipment here already and are not shipping them direct from China or Taiwan. Can't really blame them given the weight.

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2006, 04:27 PM

OK... I just noticed my credit card was charged for the mac pro.... I can no longer cancel my order!!! YAY!!!

I ordered on the 29th too! SWEET!

Zach

derekn
Senior User
Sep 4, 2006, 04:39 PM

Apple must have heard you.

Neo.cmg
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2006, 05:49 PM

Hmm...I ordered my CTO with the X1900 video upgrade and bluetooth/airport express modules on August 7th, and my order is still cancellable.

I sure would like to know how Apple seems to be handling the order in which they ship CTOs, as it seems a little unfair that others having ordered a day or two after I placed my order are already getting notices.

alligator
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2006, 09:37 PM

Ordered on the 29th of what? August?

I ordered mine on August 7, still no shipment and still able to cancel. I agree, Apple should ship them in the order they were purchased! I paid over $3,400 for this @#%@#%^ machine. That's more than I paid for my first car.

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2006, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by alligator
Ordered on the 29th of what? August?.
Yes... august... the only way I can make heads or tails of it is because I am a student developer, so maybe I get some priority or something... or maybe I cant cancel because of that... this was the first time I even tried to cancel...

But my card was charged... so I donno...

Zach

Oversoul
Senior User
Sep 4, 2006, 10:06 PM

Wow. I'm thrilled for those who are getting their Mac Pro CTOs shipped, but I'm a bit upset Apple's not shipping orders in the order they received them. Apple needs to get its act together on this because some of us are just waiting longer and longer.

The Ancient One
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 5, 2006, 03:59 PM

Ordered on the 29th of what? August?

I ordered mine on August 7, still no shipment and still able to cancel. I agree, Apple should ship them in the order they were purchased! I paid over $3,400 for this @#%@#%^ machine. That's more than I paid for my first car.
Ditto. All I can say is

Edit: Mine actually arrived on Sept. 12, which was the original ship date. Setup in one hour with Setup Assistant. Absolutely amazing and well worth waiting for!
( Last edited by The Ancient One; Sep 13, 2006 at 10:07 AM. )
The first commandment of ALL religions is to provide a comfortable living for the priesthood.

macgeek2005  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2006, 04:16 PM

My 23" ACD and iSight just arrived, like 10 minutes ago. Now i'm really anxious to get my Mac Pro! I hope it ships today!

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2006, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Oversoul
Wow. I'm thrilled for those who are getting their Mac Pro CTOs shipped, but I'm a bit upset Apple's not shipping orders in the order they received them. Apple needs to get its act together on this because some of us are just waiting longer and longer.

Well my card does no show the charge, it only shows that my limit has dropped to the level it would be if I had that charge... so it's pending... I might not be able to cancel my order because I am a student developer, and only get one discount as a student dev...

I have recieved no e-mails or anything... I will deffinitly check here frequently and post if mine gets shipped...

I dont like using my PC... dual 19" monitors are nice, but they will be nicer when I am on my mac...

Zach

derekn
Senior User
Sep 5, 2006, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by phantomdragonz
Well my card does no show the charge, it only shows that my limit has dropped to the level it would be if I had that charge... so it's pending... I might not be able to cancel my order because I am a student developer, and only get one discount as a student dev...
Well hopefully you'll get a shipping notice later this afternoon or tonight.

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2006, 04:52 PM

and if I do... seems like many of the people would like my head on a stake... seeing how i ordered on the 29th of august...

not that I would mind getting that e-mail... =D

Zach

derekn
Senior User
Sep 5, 2006, 05:02 PM

Oh I understand. LOL

The way they're shipping is pretty baffling, you'd think they would ship by date ordered but they are not doing that. UnixMac ordered the same day as me and you ordered on the 29th, I think I've only seen one order so far that was ordered on the 7th or 9th that has shipped.

alligator
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2006, 07:31 PM

Nah, I really like to complain. This is what the Mac experience is all about. Lusting, drooling, dropping the cash, then waiting, complaining, and then realizing that when you have it, it is already out of date. Then you count down until you can upgrade without your wife thinking you are nuts. It's fun.

But I really, really want my Mac Pro. I have a new 23" display that doesn't work well on my PowerBook, and an unopened copy of Aperture that I can't use until the Mac Pro arrives.

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2006, 07:33 PM

WOOT!!!! hell yeah!!! sorry to all of you who are still waiting, should not be too long till yours ships!!!

"Hello Zach,

We wanted to let you know that your order has shipped. If you ordered multiple items, you may receive separate shipments with no additional shipping charges. An invoice for your shipped products will be emailed to you shortly. Visit Order Status to view your order details and track your shipment. If you'd like to request a return, print an invoice or view your account history, please log in to Your Account.

Best regards,
The Apple Store Team

Order Number:
WXXXXXXXXX

Order Date:
AUG 29, 2006"

Zach

derekn
Senior User
Sep 5, 2006, 07:35 PM

Sweet! What shipping did you opt for?

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 5, 2006, 08:13 PM

WTF? I ordered mine at the 11th of August!

Code:
11/08/2006 at 08:16 AM JST Not yet shipped Qty. Product Shipped By Delivered By 1 APPLE CIN DISPLAY 20" 15/09/2006 21/09/2006 1 APP FOR PM W/ OR W/O.. 15/09/2006 21/09/2006 1 MAC PRO,CTO 2.66 GHz Quad Xeon 2GB 667 DDR2 FB DIMM ECC-4x512 ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB 250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s drive 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s drive 2x16x SuperDrive DL Airprt Extrm & BT 2.0+EDR-FAE Apple Kybd & Wrls Mgty Ms MAC OS X-X Country Kit-X 15/09/2006

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2006, 09:58 PM

My setup was almost stock... the only changes were 160GB hd (saved as much as I could buy a 250Gb) airport +BT and the x1900xt... so... maybe you are waiting on the ram... which also has a backorder...

can't wait to get mine though...

Zach

SteevAK
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 5, 2006, 11:27 PM

I ordered mine Aug. 9th and only upgraded the wireless gear and the ATI card. Mine is supposed to ship Sept 14th. All my fingers and toes are crossed in hopes it ships sometime this week.
#macnn: where all the real action is at.

alligator
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2006, 08:40 AM

Zach, my order was exactly the same as yours - just ordered earlier. Something's not right . . .

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2006, 12:41 PM

Zach, my order was exactly the same as yours - just ordered earlier. Something's not right . . .
maybe I get priority because I am a student developer? maybe I smell better?

it's weird that mine would ship earlier, makes no sense to me... sorry you have to wait... I would imagine that yours would ship by at least the end of the week.

Zach

notehead
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2006, 02:42 PM

Alligator, I'm in the same position. Ordered right after the online store opened with them, and my ship date hasn't budged from 9/12. I've been a customer, stockholder, and veritable Macolyte continuously since '85, for cryin' out loud!

Apple, why must you be SO CRUEL?!!

mr. mister
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2006, 04:00 PM

The way they're doing it really sucks. Firstoff, I placed my order on the 8th of August (Mac Pro/all-wireless/X1900 XT) and people with that configuration who ordered on the FIRST OF SEPTEMBER have had theirs shipped already. Where's the justice? Also, somebody with my order date/configuration/shipping had theirs shipped on Saturday.

derekn
Senior User
Sep 6, 2006, 04:28 PM

Yeah wish I knew what the priority list was. I guess it's possible the theory of the higher cost systems are going first might be true.

derekn
Senior User
Sep 6, 2006, 08:35 PM

Well I can't cancel my order anymore. So hopefully this is a good sign, no CC charge or shipping notfication email yet but here's hoping for the best. Hopefully I'll have my MacPro by Friday morning.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 6, 2006, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by derekn
Yeah wish I knew what the priority list was. I guess it's possible the theory of the higher cost systems are going first might be true.
Not true. Mine was exceedingly high cost what with the extra RAM, HD and Superdrive. I'm guessing ease of assembly.

macgeek2005  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2006, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - -
Not true. Mine was exceedingly high cost what with the extra RAM, HD and Superdrive. I'm guessing ease of assembly.
Why did you buy a 500GB drive from apple? You can almost get 2 500GB drives from OWC for that price.

derekn
Senior User
Sep 6, 2006, 08:48 PM

Ah okay thanks. Even more baffling then (got a 500GB drive in mine myself), so at least I know that wasn't the culprit. LOL

Oversoul
Senior User
Sep 6, 2006, 09:07 PM

I doubt it's ease of assembly either. The only customizations I ordered were (1) Quad 3.0Ghz, (2) the X1900 card, and (3) Airport/BT. No RAM or hard drive upgrades. And the status on my CTO still hasn't changed (expected Sept. 19 shipping).

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 6, 2006, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by macgeek2005
Why did you buy a 500GB drive from apple? You can almost get 2 500GB drives from OWC for that price.
Because I didn't pay for it.

macgeek2005  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2006, 09:54 PM

Because I didn't pay for it.
Who payed for it?

Phrogman
Forum Regular
Sep 6, 2006, 10:41 PM

I just checked my order status online and I can no longer cancel my BTO Mac Pro with the x1900 and bluetooth. I ordered mine on 7 Aug. Looks like it will ship before the estimated 12 Sept date...I hope.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 6, 2006, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by macgeek2005
Who payed for it?
My work did. It's my work computer. I'm getting one of the new 24" iMacs for my home

vegumkoho
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2006, 11:50 PM

I ordered(x1900, AE+BT) on Aug. 10th and just today my order became uncancelable. My ship date still shows as Sep. 15th but hopefully that will change soon.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 7, 2006, 05:09 PM

Mine's finally shipped! Will be here on Tuesday!! *giddy*

Forum Links
Forum Rules