Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Please delete my account right now

Please delete my account right now (Page 2)
Thread Tools
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Nov 27, 2007, 03:42 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Guess where said kid is.
*giggle*
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Offline
Nov 27, 2007, 05:19 PM
 
Originally Posted by TheJesus2 View Post
Why is this request not processed?
Because in cyberlife, you never get what you ask for

-t
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Nov 27, 2007, 06:37 PM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
*giggle*
     
rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cooperstown '09
Status: Offline
Nov 27, 2007, 06:59 PM
 
Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Because in cyberlife, you never get what you ask for

-t
Not true.
     
PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Capital of the World
Status: Offline
Nov 27, 2007, 07:52 PM
 
Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Because in cyberlife, you never get what you ask for

-t
Not true. I have indeed asked for something. We shall see if I get it soon enough. Either way, it's all good.

     
Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Copenhagen
Status: Offline
Nov 27, 2007, 08:53 PM
 
Originally Posted by TheJesus2 View Post
Why is this request not processed?
Interesting that this poster is now bananinated.
     
MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Join Date: Jun 2007
Status: Offline
Nov 27, 2007, 09:32 PM
 
Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
Interesting that this poster is now bananinated.
I'm thinking that it was ca$h more then the nick.
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Nov 27, 2007, 09:53 PM
 
Originally Posted by MacosNerd View Post
I'm thinking that it was ca$h more then the nick.
My Ca$h-sense says it was not him. And it's rarely wrong.
     
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Nov 27, 2007, 10:03 PM
 
Maybe it was Abe?
     
TheJesus3
Baninated
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Please do not ban me
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:57 AM
 
Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
Interesting that this poster is now bananinated.
I would also like to know why I was banned. Did I do something wrong? Just not sure.
     
TheJesus3
Baninated
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Please do not ban me
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:59 AM
 
If I did do something wrong, I am sorry.
     
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 02:24 AM
 
Are you Rob?

If you aren't, would you like to take my Rob test to prove to us all that you aren't? It involves SUVs and Jesus (or maybe even Jesus driving an SUV, just so you have been forewarned).

If you fail, I will have outed you and illuminated upon your guise. If you pass, perhaps the mods will let you stay. What say you? Are up to this challenge?
     
TheJesus3
Baninated
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Please do not ban me
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 02:25 AM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Are you Rob?

If you aren't, would you like to take my Rob test to prove to us all that you aren't? It involves SUVs and Jesus (or maybe even Jesus driving an SUV, just so you have been forewarned).

If you fail, I will have outed you and illuminated upon your guise. If you pass, perhaps the mods will let you stay. What say you? Are up to this challenge?
Who is Rob? My name is not Rob. I will take the test.
     
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 02:26 AM
 
I must say, and this is in no way, shape, or form in the form of a complaint...

I find it odd that a guy (PacHead) that has given you reason to ban him and has specifically *asked* to be banned hasn't been, and moreover this thread is kept alive while others that are deemed "silly" are locked. Does this particular thread serve any functional purpose?

I don't care whether you ban PacHead or not, I can just ignore him, and I don't care what happens to this thread either... Just sayin'.
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 06:54 AM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I find it odd that a guy (PacHead) that has given you reason to ban him and has specifically *asked* to be banned hasn't been, and moreover this thread is kept alive while others that are deemed "silly" are locked. Does this particular thread serve any functional purpose?
Because of the fact that he asked to be banned. And it wasn't THEIR choice. They certainly aren't going to do anything that Pac asks them to do.

There have been times I've asked for a thread to be moved in a certain forum because I put it in a wrong one by mistake. Actually asked more than once. Both incidences were ignored. I don't think it was because said person didn't have the time. But because they felt I was telling them what to do and they will have none of that!

I guess when certain mod/admins stop thinking it's a "Us VS Them" type mentality and realize that they too are just posters like any one of us that have been given the privilege of making this place a smoother place for us regulars, and less of acting like this is some silly "Class" system nothing will change. The mods/admins are here to "protect and serve" the public or regulars in this forum. Just like in real life, some that "protect and serve" are bad seeds that see it as "Us vs Them" when out on the streets. These people give those that actually do their job a bad name. You make a decent point.

As soon as anyone in "power" (There is really no power on web forums, it's all in ones head) starts treating those they were put into "power" as lower beings than themselves I would say that was a huge clue as to that person not being mod material.

After all mods/admins etc ARE just regular posters. They just have been given a ability to get rid of people causing actual problem. Some use this for other reasons however. And it seems it has went to certain people's head.

If they could shoot lightening out their fingertips they would.
( Last edited by Kevin; Nov 28, 2007 at 07:02 AM. )
     
Dork.
Professional Poster
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 08:36 AM
 
I'm pretty sure the other thread got locked because besson3c was not wearing pants in it.
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 10:45 AM
 
Originally Posted by TheJesus3 View Post
Who is Rob? My name is not Rob. I will take the test.
Interesting.

In the past, I have not seen Rob denying his identy.

Maybe it's a new strategy, but why would he chose such an obvious nick.

-t
     
brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 11:55 AM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
There have been times I've asked for a thread to be moved in a certain forum because I put it in a wrong one by mistake. Actually asked more than once. Both incidences were ignored. I don't think it was because said person didn't have the time. But because they felt I was telling them what to do

ditto
     
MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Join Date: Jun 2007
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 12:07 PM
 
Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Interesting.

In the past, I have not seen Rob denying his identy.

Maybe it's a new strategy, but why would he chose such an obvious nick.

-t
And in the past he's always gotten banned

The true test is to disparage dodge neons and talk up the benefits of SUVs

If he's start foaming at the mouth and starts ranting posts then we know or if he tries to get RR's goat by hijacking or crapping on his threads
     
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 12:15 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
I'm pretty sure the other thread got locked because besson3c was not wearing pants in it.

I think my exploitation of the thread in my neverending search for scientists contributed
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 12:38 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I don't think it was because said person didn't have the time.
*whistles*
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 12:53 PM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
*whistles*
You do a lot of one word posts that really have no meaning. Odd.
( Last edited by Kevin; Nov 28, 2007 at 01:01 PM. )
     
brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 12:55 PM
 
awesome
     
Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Copenhagen
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:01 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
You do a lot of one word posts that really have no meaning. Odd.
Take a look through recent posts where Laminar has quoted a single line from a post of yours and then replied with “*giggles*” or “*whistles*” or something like that, and then see if you can find the one thing the lines he quoted from your posts have in common. That will be your answer.

Edit: What the?!? When I posted, your post said:

If you are in some way attempting to be clever or condescending by replying to my post in one nonsensical word, it failed.

If you were just attempting to post a nonsensical post for no reason, you succeeded.

Congrats.
- but it came out as above here. So I guess it takes the latest version of the post you quick-reply to directly from the database, but of course the page isn’t reloaded, ’cause the new reply is inserted via AJAX. Makes sense, but still kind of odd.
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:02 PM
 
Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
Take a look through recent posts where Laminar has quoted a single line from a post of yours and then replied with “*giggles*” or “*whistles*” or something like that, and then see if you can find the one thing the lines he quoted from your posts have in common. That will be your answer.
Honestly I couldn't care any less as to what Laminar's condescending Jr High games that you all got together and decided to play. He can whistle yankee doodle dandee out his ass for all I am concerned. So I'll just not waste my time and just report him every time he does it.
Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
Edit: What the?!? When I posted, your post said:
Because you jumped on my post as soon as I posted it. I edited it a second later.

That doesn't explain why you went ahead and posted what I deleted though, considering it had no effect on your reply.

Boy you sure got me good.

And no it's not odd. You know what happened because it says as clear as day "edited" EVEN After the second edit of your post your sincerity is obvious.
( Last edited by Kevin; Nov 28, 2007 at 01:16 PM. )
     
Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A House of Ill-Repute in the Sky
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:04 PM
 
Lam should just make a drinking game out of whatever it is he's doing. For the good of the forum.
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:11 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
Lam should just make a drinking game out of whatever it is he's doing. For the good of the forum.
Oh I have just been informed via PVT message on what Lam is doing.

Real ingenious.

And yes please, this forum needs tons more College like drinking game behavior. Because we all know that's cool.

When I was 20.

I LOVE a good dig. A good laugh. But this stuff is just hateful pettiness. And it's only funny in a "HHAHAH LETS MAKE FUN OF THE GUY WE DON'T LIKE CAUSE WE ARE INSECURE" sort of way.

But by belittling me, somehow wrestles your demons. Go right ahead. Wont hurt me any.

It is however, showing the true colors of certain people in the forum.

And people have taken notice.
     
Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A House of Ill-Repute in the Sky
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:14 PM
 
I'm just looking for something to mask my alcoholism as well as the forum's.

BTW, you really should get over your fixation with cool.
     
brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:15 PM
 
"but this stuff is just hateful pettiness."

gotta agree with you on this. Lam has a bad habit of following me around sometimes
( Last edited by brassplayersrock²; Nov 28, 2007 at 01:16 PM. Reason: but has a b)
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:18 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
I'm just looking for something to mask my alcoholism as well as the forum's.
Sure.
BTW, you really should get over your fixation with cool.
Worry about making Dakar perfect. There is no fixation. I think a few of you have a an idea in your head about who I am, or how I act like IRL. It simply doesn't jive with reality.
Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
"but this stuff is just hateful pettiness."
gotta agree with you on this. Lam has a bad habit of following me around sometimes
It's a self defense mechanism I think.
     
Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A House of Ill-Repute in the Sky
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:19 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Worry about making Dakar perfect. There is no fixation.
I will when you stop worrying about making everyone else's posting habits perfect.
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:24 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
I will when you stop worrying about making everyone else's posting habits perfect.
Care to show me an example of me doing this?

As a matter of fact I've said many times that I am not perfect. That no one is perfect. So your accusations go way beyond baseless Dakar.

The ONLY time I've said anything to anyone about them changing is when they do things on PURPOSE to offend.

Mistakes are mistakes. Everyone makes them. It's the things that people do on purpose to agitate that me and others have complained about.

There is a big difference. I don't expect perfection from no one.

All I ask is for those that are causing problems to treat everyone like they want everyone else to treat them.

But for some reason that isn't the case here. Many want to be treated like they are "cool" while belittling others. They don't go hand in hand. I assure you, I care less about "cool"

I am all about treating people like human beings. Not objects to belittle and make our insecure ego feel better.
     
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:24 PM
 
I think we ought to get another 3 or 4 pages out of this one now...
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:27 PM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I think we ought to get another 3 or 4 pages out of this one now...
Is that what you guys were going for?
     
Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A House of Ill-Repute in the Sky
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:28 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Care to show me an example of me doing this?
Anytime you complain about the quality/type of posting around here, like yesterday in Shuf's thread, for example.

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
As a matter of fact I've said many times that I am not perfect. That no one is perfect. So your accusations go way beyond baseless Dakar.
Baseless would be you accusing me of considering yourself perfect.
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:37 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
Anytime you complain about the quality/type of posting around here, like yesterday in Shuf's thread, for example.
Quality of posting? (goes to look)

You mean this?
I got an idea turtle. Lets go from thread to thread and just post mindless drivel about inane stuff. It will make us look hip and cool that we don't care.
I posted it joking around with turtle because most of the threads in the lounge there are the same few people turning EVERY THREAD into the SAME one.Derailing it with talk about pooping or what have you.

The people who are doing this have their OWN forum to litter with that crap. They have been asked asked by the people who run this forum to QUIT IT. To keep it in your OWN forum. That it's not WANTED here.

You guys get threads locked because of it. Yet it's somehow my problem?

BTW Someone else must have agreed with me because they locked the thread for that very reason. And believe me, it wasn't me that reported it. But I am sure you thought It was me that caused thread to get locked. And now you are "getting even"
Baseless would be you accusing me of considering yourself perfect.
No you did make a baseless accusation. Me expecting people to stop littering other people's threads with the SAME inane garbage constantly is not me expecting people to be perfect. That was an exaggeration you used to make your cause look legit. When it's not. I assure you.

I've spoken with moderators and admins that said themselves they were getting sick of it Dakar. So in other words, the problem isn't me.

I could go and leave for a year, and you guys will still be getting threads locked with your inane banter. You'd just not have me to blame it on. You'd have to find another scape goat.

I would ask whoever locked said thread who reported said thread to them. And focus your anger on them instead of me. Or how about just stop doing it altogether?
     
Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Copenhagen
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:40 PM
 
Because you jumped on my post as soon as I posted it. I edited it a second later.
Actually, I didn’t post till eight minutes after you did.

That doesn't explain why you went ahead and posted what I deleted though, considering it had no effect on your reply.
My reply made sense as a reply to your original post; it didn’t make sense as a reply to your edited post.

Boy you sure got me good.
Huh? Who says I was out to ‘get’ you? I was just surprised that the text that turned up in my post was completely different from the text I had quoted. Since I used quick reply (as I always do), the page hadn’t refreshed, so I hadn’t seen your edit, and I had one version of your post when you posted it, and a different one two inches down in my quote. Looked very odd at first glance. Took an extra edit to realise you’d obviously edited your post, and when I refreshed the page, they were of course identical again.

And no it's not odd.
I meant that, though it makes sense for the forum software to take the most updated version of a post when creating the quoted text, the effect (me quoting text I’d never seen before) was distinctly odd.

You know what happened because it says as clear as day "edited" EVEN After the second edit of your post your sincerity is obvious.
I don’t understand the second part of that sentence, but the “Edited” part only showed up after I refreshed the page (which was after my second edit).
     
Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A House of Ill-Repute in the Sky
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:45 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Quality of posting? (goes to look)

You mean this?

I posted it joking around
...
Originally Posted by Kevin
Sure.




Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
You guys get threads locked because of it. Yet it's somehow my problem?
The day I get more threads locked from my silliness than you do from these "discussions" you repetitively get into, I'll be ok with you giving me flak.
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:46 PM
 
Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
My reply made sense as a reply to your original post; it didn’t make sense as a reply to your edited post.
Uh, sure it did. I made note of that in my reply to you. But enlighten me. Show me how it didn't make sense.
Huh? Who says I was out to ‘get’ you? I was just surprised that the text that turned up in my post was completely different from the text I had quoted. Since I used quick reply (as I always do), the page hadn’t refreshed, so I hadn’t seen your edit, and I had one version of your post when you posted it, and a different one two inches down in my quote. Looked very odd at first glance. Took an extra edit to realise you’d obviously edited your post, and when I refreshed the page, they were of course identical again.
Of course....
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:49 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
...
Wow a whole lot of nothing..
The day I get more threads locked from my silliness than you do from these "discussions" you repetitively get into, I'll be ok with you giving me flak.
Considering *I* don't get threads locked because of these "discussions" it wont happen. It's people like Laminar playing his silly games that get threads like this locked. Again, stop attempting to use me as a scape goat.

You guys were doing things you were asked repeatedly NOT to do in threads. So they locked the thread. And instead of seeing it as your fault, you put blame on me.

Thats the problem right there. People not taking responsibilities for their actions.

AS a matter of fact, this thread has nothing TO DO with me. Yet you same few people have spun it into yet another attack on me as if I was doing something horrible. THIS is what locks threads. Not me defending myself from the inane baseless attacks.

And as you can read above, I am not the only victims of such shenanigans. And more people are complaining about it.

Your group's little shift blame game doesn't work anymore Dakar. It's just not me that is complaining now.

The only thing you guys are doing is garnering me more sympathy. That is all.
     
Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Copenhagen
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:51 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Uh, sure it did. I made note of that in my reply to you. But enlighten me. Show me how it didn't make sense.

Of course....
Okay, it didn’t make as much sense as a reply to your edited post, not to me anyway.
     
Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A House of Ill-Repute in the Sky
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:53 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
You guys were doing things you were asked repeatedly NOT to do in threads.
By whom? And I'll certainly take my share of credit for Shuf's thread getting locked, but my going on a ATHF quoting streak isn't exactly an every week occurrence.

Edit:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Your group's little shift blame game doesn't work anymore Dakar. It's just not me that is complaining now.
Where are these complaints I'm missing?
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 01:57 PM
 
Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
By whom?
The moderators about a zillion times? Hell it's in the rules for goodness sake Dakar. Why do you think these threads you guys keep derailing get locked? Gremlins come in during the night and do it?
but my going on a ATHF quoting streak isn't exactly an every week occurrence.
You being condescending and demeaning to others while attempting to derail threads with inane silliness is however a weekly thing for Dakar. I can post examples if you want.

Not that this thread is about Dakar either. Or I want to start a anti-Dakar thread. I personally have no hateful feelings towards you as a person. That doesn't mean I agree with your actions all the time.

I am not expecting people to be perfect. Just to treat others how they want to be treated. To respect people, and the threads they create.

That isn't asking much.
Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
Where are these complaints I'm missing?
As far as I know, when someone sends a complaint out, or comes to me in private message complaining, a copy doesn't get sent to you.

I am sure I don't hear all the complaints against me. Nor would I care to. But at least I am not in denial about my stance here. And I am not just talking about the posters either.

No one in this forum has any reason to be on any high horse.
     
Railroader
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Indy.
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 02:00 PM
 
Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
"but this stuff is just hateful pettiness."

gotta agree with you on this. Lam has a bad habit of following me around sometimes
I think it's his way of pointing out the same quality you have with certain other posters. [->me]
     
Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A House of Ill-Repute in the Sky
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 02:04 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
The moderators about a zillion times? Hell it's in the rules for goodness sake Dakar.
I don't say this often, but BULLSHIT. I keep an eye out for the mods telling me specifically anything or asking that a thread no longer be derailed. I can't recall any of the former and I respect the latter when they occur.

So if you've got some examples, post them for me.

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
As far as I know, when someone sends a complaint out, or comes to me in private message complaining, a copy doesn't get sent to you.
As I said months and months ago, people can't expect me to change if they don't have the wherewithall to complain in public. I'm always told that my posting is much maligned by you, but on this forum I receive much more positive commentary than I do negative, even if I exclude what you, Lam, sek, and Rumor think.

If people have a problem with me, they need to speak up.
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 02:05 PM
 
Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
I think it's his way of pointing out the same quality you have with certain other posters. [->me]
I don't care what it is. Is silly. We are supposed to be adults here. Well most of us anyhow. Those that are still young I usually ignore. Knowing they are immature and will grow out of it soon.

The sad part about this forum is, we have adults acting like this.
Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
I don't say this often, but BULLSHIT. I keep an eye out for the mods telling me specifically anything or asking that a thread no longer be derailed. I can't recall any of the former and I respect the latter when they occur.
So since no mod has ever came up to you specifically and told you to stop derailing threads you are allowed to Dakar? Does said threads you participate in derailing that gets locked because of said derailing not tell you the mods don't want it? I never said the mods directly came to you and specifically spoke to you Dakar. They shouldn't have to. IT'S IN THE RULES AND HAS BEEN FOR A LONG TIME.
So if you've got some examples, post them for me.
Well since you've already admitted to one thread above, I'll just use that.
"And I'll certainly take my share of credit for Shuf's thread getting locked"

So right there is you admitting you KNOW that your actions cause threads to get locked. You are ADMITTING IT, but at the same time, you are telling me BULLSHIT and SHOW EXAMPLES. You are contradicting yourself.
As I said months and months ago, people can't expect me to change if they don't have the wherewithall to complain in public.
Do you not think locking a thread you and your buddies have derailed is complaining in public? Esp when said mods say "Stop derailing threads" and there are rules telling you to not do such a thing? They don't care what you said. It doesn't matter what you say. Believe me.
but on this forum I receive much more positive commentary than I do negative
Well in that case so do I. So that must mean all your complaints against me are invalid Dakar.
If people have a problem with me, they need to speak up.
Or you just need to follow the rules that have been put forth. The admins and mods shouldn't have to msg you specifically to tell you what the rules are and to follow them.

Them locking threads you've admitted to having helped get locked should be hint enough.

But I assure you keep it up, and they WILL be giving you personal attention. That is if they are consistent that is.
( Last edited by Kevin; Nov 28, 2007 at 02:16 PM. )
     
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Why do you care?
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 02:05 PM
 
Talk about derailing threads. What does any of this childish bickering have to do with PacHead's request to have his account deleted?
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 02:17 PM
 
Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
Talk about derailing threads. What does any of this childish bickering have to do with PacHead's request to have his account deleted?
I've spoken with PacHead. He doesn't seem to care about the forum anymore. Or this thread.
Since the mods aren't going to do something that they see as a ORDER or something that wasn't their idea there is no need to discuss Pac's issue anymore.

For all I care they can lock the thread. But 20 more will pop up with the same handful of people trolling in a few days.

Anyhow, you guys go at it. Dakar, continue acting innocent and compare my actions to yours as if I was some devil and you just make mistakes from time to time, I don't care. Those that I do care about that post and mod/admin here knows what is going on. A lot of eyes have been opened. (Not referring to this thread in general)

So Go at it. I am going to lunch.
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 02:20 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Well in that case so do I.
Are you sure about that?
     
paul w
Mac Elite
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vente: Achat
Status: Offline
Nov 28, 2007, 02:21 PM
 
Same crap, same folks involved.

I have no problem with derails provided they bring something interesting into the discussion.

What's fun about constantly bickering with strangers on the internet. It's certainly not fun to watch.
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,