Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Microsoft Intellipoint with Maya

Microsoft Intellipoint with Maya
badnewsblair
Senior User
Jun 3, 2003, 08:35 PM

I just purchased a Microsoft Itellipoint Mouse (Silver and dark grey) to use with Maya 4.5 and I cannot seem to get my middle mouse button to be... well just that. A middle mouse button in Maya. For those of you that know Maya, I kinda NEED the middle mouse button (for dollying the camera as wel as zoom, however my right mouse button seems to have taken the zoom funtion over by itself). The right mouse button isn't supposed to do anything as far as camera movement in default settings. I have tried to reassign the mouse buttons using the MS Sys Pref, but under middle mouse buttn, there is no choice for just "MMB" and none of the other choices seem appropriate. Any info on this? Thanks in advance.
[ 15 inch Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo ][ 20 inch Intel iMac 2 GB RAM / 256 MB ATI XT 1600 ][ iPhone OG (3GS on Reservation)][ White iPod 5th Gen. 60GB ]

tiborg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2003, 09:20 AM

I solved the problem by switching to USB Overdrive X ( http://www.usboverdrive.com/ ).

Artwork
Jun 4, 2003, 11:16 AM

To get it right:

alt+

RMB is for moving and turning the scene
MMB is the track button
LMB is the dolly button

Forum Links
Forum Rules