Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > WC3 map editor problem...

WC3 map editor problem...
cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 18, 2004, 01:12 AM

i installed WC3 today and got the latest patch. played for a bit, but then wanted to make my own map, only to find out that i get the spinning beach ball of death with an error. i downloaded the patch from blizzard's site.

my brother also did the same thing, but he downloaded the patch thru trying to get on battle.net. he is getting the same problem with the map editor.

we both installed using our own cds, so i don't think it would be a bad cd. before this patch, the WC3 map editor worked fine...

was something in the latest patch that caused this bug?
anyone else have this problem or a solution?

i know i should email blizzard about it. i'll do that tomorrow, depending on any replies i get here.

cruciarius  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 19, 2004, 05:33 PM

well, i emailed blizzard yesterday about the map editor, but have yet to get the auto respond they claim to have out in 15 minutes of getting an email. i wonder whats going on with them.

my brother did go onto battle.net with WC3 and asked around. the very few people who acknowledged his exsistance, also could not use their map editors, so i'm guessing the patch broke it..?

Forum Links
Forum Rules