Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > sick of my theme

sick of my theme
cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
May 25, 2005, 10:31 PM

ok so i started a mod of a theme (smooth aluminum) a while back, but wanted to turn it into a whole new theme. i made a new menu bar, but thats as far as i got, until a few days ago. i finally started working on the buttons (back, forward, gear, ect.), but couldn't get anything to look right. instead, i put those on hold and started to work on the windows themselves and now...i just can't stand looking at the theme. i've put almost all my time in the last few days into the theme and now it feels wasted.

i have to variants to the theme. a grey and a blue. the grey still looks a lot like smooth aluminum, but i'd like to change that. the blue variant is what most of my time has gone into and...although i like how its coming along, i can't stand working on it now.

grey:

blue:

i really like the blue variant menu bar and the apple, which is the same for both variants.

so my point is...anyone want to work on them for me?

i know they need a lot of work...

o and i'm making this theme in 10.3.9, since i don't have tiger, yet. if anyone does want to finish the theme, i'd like one that can be used with 10.3.9. though, i'll probably get tiger, before this theme is done.

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 09:39 PM

I made Smooth Aluminum... which is a mod of Aluminum Alloy by Max Rudberg. Hehe.

cruciarius  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 26, 2005, 09:51 PM

and you did an awesome job on it.

i just modded it a little...and a little more...then i tried to make into a whole new theme...was too much for me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules