Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Tiger Extras.rsrc Themeing

Tiger Extras.rsrc Themeing
cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 28, 2009, 06:09 PM

First off, I searched and didn't see a thread like this.

Anyway, I'm in Tiger (can't upgrade to Leopard) and I want to do away with SS. However, Tiger's default theme is beyond ugly. Brushed metal, strips... ugly.

So I've been looking around and found out you can edit the Extras.rsrc file, which is a very long process. I've been at it for a while now and it's such a pain.

My question... Has anyone else taken this route of themeing and still have their modified Extras.rsrc file? If so, what theme did you do and is it legal to share it? I'm hoping for Amora Pearl...

Off-topic: Been almost a year since my last visit. This GUI Customization forum seems... dead. Used to be so many more threads.

Edit: Never mind... I stopped working on the Extras.rsrc file and replaced it with my backup. Later, rebooted for other reasons and was stuck in Darwin, until my brother was able to help me. I'm not trying that again...
( Last edited by cruciarius; Feb 28, 2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Not gonna try this.)

mrtew
Professional Poster
Mar 13, 2009, 06:48 PM

That was the entire history of theming in one beautiful summary!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

Forum Links
Forum Rules