Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Alienware Icons & Walls

Alienware Icons & Walls
Makki
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2004, 06:35 AM

***link removed for copyright reasons***

Enjoy

Makki
( Last edited by Makki; Sep 7, 2004 at 05:07 PM. )

bastion
Sep 1, 2004, 06:37 AM

Good work mate!
Cheers,
Nick.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2004, 07:19 AM

Kudos for your efforts, but is it just me, or is the alienware theme being overdone to death right now?

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

eFX
Sep 1, 2004, 07:58 AM

Originally posted by Randman:
Kudos for your efforts, but is it just me, or is the alienware theme being overdone to death right now?
Yes and we will go through the same crap when Omega hits and then the next top design and the next on and on. It actually wouldnt be so bad if people showed decent walls with the themes because they are god awful apparently people wouldnt know a matching desk if it bit them on the arse. Its disgusting how people say they like dark themes or clean themes and such and end up with some manga fruity crap ruining the whole look.

Originally posted by Makki:
I personally agree with you however since i had them i didnt want to be like others as you said and distro without going through correct channels. Bummer or not i do it by the book as it were.

Makki
and btw? *pokes first post*

Makki  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2004, 11:12 AM

Well i am free to change my mind if i so choose

Makki
( Last edited by Makki; Sep 3, 2004 at 11:27 PM. )

Makki  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2004, 11:27 PM

See first post Icons reposted

Enjoy

Makki

Banghazi
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 3, 2004, 11:35 PM

Am I having amnesia or getting senile or something, or did you not recently inform us that you couldn't distribute these anymore since you lacked permission - causing me to go to the trouble of d/ling the windows icons and converting them when I could have just d/led your zip file..?!!

()

(or did I just spontaneously make all this crap up honestly. tell me. I would like to know)

Makki  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2004, 12:11 AM

ya thats true however when i was on windows pc before i got mac i never worried bout porting mac to pc so why should i mind doing these icons. Besides an excuse that oh we cant give permissions simply cuz we dont do mac is dumb to me so they can sue me hehe

Makki

Ice Spectre
Sep 4, 2004, 12:35 AM

ya thats true however when i was on windows pc before i got mac i never worried bout porting mac to pc so why should i mind doing these icons. Besides an excuse that oh we cant give permissions simply cuz we dont do mac is dumb to me so they can sue me hehe

Makki
lol
An excellent stance!

I like it

CarbonG4
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2004, 12:46 AM

Well if you are going to go to the trouble of converting them and distributing them may I suggest that you not package them up as a .zip file ... you just gave us about 80 aqua folders to download ;P

Btw, pic2icon is easy enough to use that we probably don't even need to run the risk of distributing an unofficial 'port' of this iconset but if that's what you want to do I guess it's all good in the hood.

Later
//Carbon

:: Carbon Themes v1.5 ::

Makki  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2004, 02:57 AM

Repacked to .sitx

cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2004, 08:53 AM

makki, thanks.

i did notice something different about your icons than the ones i used with Pic2Icon. the icons i converted were only 60. you have 75. also, i have a few icons you didn't include in your package, like the alien head without the headset on.

Makki  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2004, 12:35 PM

Originally posted by cruciarius:
makki, thanks.

i did notice something different about your icons than the ones i used with Pic2Icon. the icons i converted were only 60. you have 75. also, i have a few icons you didn't include in your package, like the alien head without the headset on.
hey thats cool could you email me the ones i dont have pls man?

[email protected]

thx man
Makki

cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2004, 01:44 PM

i just emailed you the icons you had missing.

Banghazi
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2004, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by CarbonG4:
Well if you are going to go to the trouble of converting them and distributing them may I suggest that you not package them up as a .zip file ... you just gave us about 80 aqua folders to download ;P

Btw, pic2icon is easy enough to use that we probably don't even need to run the risk of distributing an unofficial 'port' of this iconset but if that's what you want to do I guess it's all good in the hood.

Later
//Carbon

I haven't tried pic2icon, I'm using Iconverter; is using pic2icon advantageous in any way?

MacMan4000
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2004, 04:33 PM

Originally posted by Banghazi:
I haven't tried pic2icon, I'm using Iconverter; is using pic2icon advantageous in any way?
YES! it is the fastest icon converter I have ever sen in the history of my life. Just drop the entire folder of images and it converts about 100 images in 5 seconds. Drag, drop, done. that fast.

Banghazi
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2004, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by MacMan4000:
YES! it is the fastest icon converter I have ever sen in the history of my life. Just drop the entire folder of images and it converts about 100 images in 5 seconds. Drag, drop, done. that fast.
Have you used Iconverter? It does the exact same thing.

Maybe I'll just take the 20 seconds to d/l pic2icon and try it out myself, though

MacMan4000
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2004, 04:43 PM

Originally posted by Banghazi:
Have you used Iconverter? It does the exact same thing.

Maybe I'll just take the 20 seconds to d/l pic2icon and try it out myself, though
um, well, no actually i haven't ever used iconverter...

But Pic2Icon is lightening fast!

Banghazi
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2004, 04:49 PM

I was about to say that pic2icon is superior because of its anti-aliasing options, as well as settings to create a drop shadow and dog-ear for documents, but I dropped a gif on p2i and nothing happened except that the gif file's icon was erased. it's now just a blank icon on my desktop.

Iconverter has an option in which you can choose wheter to convert the file's icon or its contents. You can also choose from an array of file types to convert to. You can also "Draw Backround" and "Make Thumbnail" if you choose to, although I haven't tried these and don't know what they do..

cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 5, 2004, 11:42 PM

we still don't have all the AlienMorph icons.
as seen here
we are still missing, at least 1 icon. the home planet icon.

Makki  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2004, 10:03 PM

Ya i have noticed that too thnx for pointing it out to me
I am going to release a new pack with missing icons cept i cant find the alien planet either.

ill keep you posted.

Makki

eFX
Sep 6, 2004, 11:21 PM

Ya i have noticed that too thnx for pointing it out to me
I am going to release a new pack with missing icons cept i cant find the alien planet either.

ill keep you posted.

Makki
If you used your noggin you would have clicked View 3 and got creative but i still think its wrong what your doing.

cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 6, 2004, 11:23 PM

anyone make additional icons for the set? maybe a classic folder, system folder and private folder? i cut pasted some icons together to make some, but they look kinda bad. i want a full system set. only ones i made that look decent are the different cd icons, but those you can't even read, unless you make your desktop icons big enough.

cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 6, 2004, 11:26 PM

Originally posted by eFX:
If you used your noggin you would have clicked View 3 and got creative but i still think its wrong what your doing.
and on view 4, they have 2 more icons i don't think we have yet

blikum
Sep 7, 2004, 12:01 AM

I'm not an artist by any means but I tried to make a similar icon to the one pictured. I used can combine icons, which is a handy little program. However I'm not sure if it's ok to post it, since it's not my work originally. I guess P.M. me if you'd like it. Or let me know if it's cool to post a link to it.

cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 7, 2004, 01:05 PM

cutting the alien world out and adding in the shadows in photoshop wasn't too difficult.

Banghazi
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 3, 2006, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Makki
***link removed for copyright reasons***

Enjoy

Makki

aye aye aye! What happened?

ir803
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 12, 2007, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Banghazi View Post
aye aye aye! What happened?
probably the same as over at 1src forums a couple of years ago, (palm/sony PDA site) we had a bunch of us making skins for different launchers and after a good few weeks and some very creative work the original authers of the Alien ware designs got shirty with us and threatened legal action and we all had to remove our designs.

Makki  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2007, 10:30 PM

Yep thats what happened alright. Lol i forgot this topic existed. hehe

Sijmen
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 14, 2007, 07:05 PM

But they can still be downloaded. You have to port the Windows Icons to Mac standard with Pic2Icon, or alike.
Apple Powerbook 17" 1,67 GHz, 2 gig RAM, 100 gig HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB, Superdrive 8X

drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Apr 24, 2007, 07:46 PM

I am going to try to convert the Windows icons, but if someone has a complete Mac set already, I would really appreciate it if someone sent them my way!

cdub204 @ gmail . com

..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules