Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > a blast from the past (young Jobs and Woz)

a blast from the past (young Jobs and Woz)
MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2008, 01:00 PM

I stumbled upon this image on the net.

Memories

and the apple I operations manual - the old apple logo

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 13, 2008, 01:21 PM

Woz is soooo stoned.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 13, 2008, 02:46 PM

That's some hippy-assed logo. I need to see a bigger version. Is that guy under the tree doing some outdoor-computing, or is he reading a book?

It might have just as well been the Apple Sumptuous Canned-Fruit Company, for what that logo conveys. I need to read up on my history, because I'm wondering how long did they use it, and what did they replace it with? Did they go straight from that to the rainbow apple with the bite out of it?

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Jan 13, 2008, 02:56 PM

^ That's Isaac Newton under the tree. When the apple falls on his heads, and he "discovers" gravity.
Apple II GS | Powerbook 165 | iMac Rev. A 96mb RAM| iBook G3 500mhz, 128mb RAM | Power Macintosh G5 1.6ghz, 2.25gb RAM | Black MacBook 2ghz, 2gb RAM | iPhone Rev. A 8gb HD

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 13, 2008, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by blackbird_1.0 View Post
^ That's Isaac Newton under the tree. When the apple falls on his heads, and he "discovers" gravity.
Ah. It began to dawn on me that that might be the case.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

MacosNerd  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2008, 09:53 PM

Here's a larger version of Apple's original logo

Dave N
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 13, 2008, 10:25 PM

Is that Jobs on the left? If so, then it appears his wardrobe hasn't changed...

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 14, 2008, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by chris v View Post
Is that guy under the tree doing some outdoor-computing
Muahahahaha

Seriously, WTF were you thinking ?

-t

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2008, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Muahahahaha

Seriously, WTF were you thinking ?

-t
Ouch. You hurted my feelers.

paul w
Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2008, 10:24 AM

technically chris v may be right, as the quill suggests that ol' Newton may very well have been computing, as it was the sort of activity he was known to engage in...

The Wolf
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 14, 2008, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by paul w View Post
technically chris v may be right, as the quill suggests that ol' Newton may very well have been computing, as it was the sort of activity he was known to engage in...
Clearly, that is not a quill but instead a pre-release version of the iphone which he is trying to synch with his AirBook that is running the public-beta of Leopard (aka 10.5.2). If you look really closely you can see this is true b/c he is using that cumbersome cable to complete the synch. Moreover, if you took the time to read what was written along the border, you will see that it says "Newton changed mankind when he discovered bluetoothâ„¢." That is why all iPhones now use bluetooth to sync instead of that cumbersome cable. The apple, iphone, airbook, bluetooth, and newtonian intelligence all converged to create what we now know as Apple, Inc. I think that logo should be brought back.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2008, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Clearly, that is not a quill but instead a pre-release version of the iphone which he is trying to synch with his AirBook that is running the public-beta of Leopard (aka 10.5.2). If you look really closely you can see this is true b/c he is using that cumbersome cable to complete the synch. Moreover, if you took the time to read what was written along the border, you will see that it says "Newton changed mankind when he discovered bluetoothâ„¢." That is why all iPhones now use bluetooth to sync instead of that cumbersome cable. The apple, iphone, airbook, bluetooth, and newtonian intelligence all converged to create what we now know as Apple, Inc. I think that logo should be brought back.
Meanwhile, Jobs took all the credit.

paul w
Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2008, 12:28 PM

Maybe when he announces the newer, perfect iphone I'll use my current less perfect one to discover gravity as well...

Forum Links
Forum Rules