Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Cleaning New MBPs

Cleaning New MBPs
TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 15, 2009, 09:39 PM

I recently bought a new MBP (replacing a PB). I've read MacBook Pro: Care, Use, and Safety Information, but I'm assume I just ignore the bit about removing the (non-removable) battery, right?

If so, does that effect anything else?

Just want to make sure before I take a wet cloth to my MBP!

QSilver
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 17, 2009, 11:31 AM

Just cleaned my Early 2008 MBP with Lysol wipes and then a dry cloth. Worked great.

(and it was running the whole time)

Raman
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2009, 11:06 AM

I have cleaned all my Apple and non-apple computers, electronics with iKlear.

Clean and protect your iPod, MacBook Pro, PowerBook, iSight, PDAs, Scanners, Digital Cameras and more with iKlear Apple Polish.

Edit: My kit came with a chamois-like thing (a larger version of what comes with an iMac) as well as a smaller terry-cloth microfiber wipe. The directions that came with my iKlear kit use the terms microfiber and microchamois interchangeably when telling you how to clean particular products. What they need to tell you is simply "When cleaning a glossy screen do this. When cleaning a matte screen do this. When cleaning other parts of your electronic devices use this." Instead they use the terms "MacBook, MacbookPro", etc., apparently not realizing that they have different types of screens on their various lines. Even their directions online right now don't make sense.

I only use the chamois-like thing because it most closely matches what Apple includes in the iMac box.
( Last edited by Raman; Oct 3, 2009 at 11:15 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules