Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > XCode warnings (non-existant directories and prebinding)

XCode warnings (non-existant directories and prebinding)
DayLateDon
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2005, 08:38 AM

Hello ...

I'm getting some warnings in XCode (2.1 running on Mac OS X 10.4.2) that I can't seem to resolve.

The first set complains about non-existant directories, seemingly triggered by the fact that the directory path to the project involves folder names with spaces (although all of my projects have similar directory paths, and only this one throws out warnings):

Code:
cd "/Users/username/Projects ƒ/MyApp ƒ/MyApp copy 8" setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.3 /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -o "/Users/username/Projects ƒ/MyApp ƒ/MyApp copy 8/build/Deployment/MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp" "-L/Users/username/Projects ƒ/MyApp ƒ/MyApp copy 8/build/Deployment" "-F/Users/username/Projects ƒ/MyApp ƒ/MyApp copy 8/build/Deployment" -F/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks -F/Users/username/Projects -Fƒ/MyApp -Fƒ/MyApp -Fcopy -F8 -filelist "/Users/username/Projects ƒ/MyApp ƒ/MyApp copy 8/build/MyApp.build/Deployment/MyApp.build/Objects-normal/ppc/MyApp.LinkFileList" -framework OpenGL -framework Cocoa -arch ppc -prebind /usr/bin/ld: warning -F: directory name (/Users/username/Projects) does not exist /usr/bin/ld: warning -F: directory name (ƒ/MyApp) does not exist /usr/bin/ld: warning -F: directory name (ƒ/MyApp) does not exist /usr/bin/ld: warning -F: directory name (copy) does not exist /usr/bin/ld: warning -F: directory name (8) does not exist
I'm also getting prebinding warnings:

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: warning prebinding disabled because (__TEXT segment (address = 0x90db0000 size = 0xc000) of /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL overlaps with __TEXT segment (address = 0x90afd000 size = 0x2c6000) of /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore /usr/bin/ld: warning prebinding not disabled even though (__LINKEDIT segment (address = 0x90dbc000 size = 0x2d30) of /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL overlaps with __TEXT segment (address = 0x90afd000 size = 0x2c6000) of /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore on the assumption that the stripped output will not overlap /usr/bin/ld: warning prebinding disabled because (__TEXT segment (address = 0x90ef0000 size = 0x1000) of /System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/Cocoa overlaps with __TEXT segment (address = 0x90eef000 size = 0x41000) of /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork /usr/bin/ld: warning prebinding disabled because (__DATA segment (address = 0xa0ef0000 size = 0x1000) of /System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/Cocoa overlaps with __DATA segment (address = 0xa0eef000 size = 0x3000) of /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork /usr/bin/ld: warning prebinding not disabled even though (__LINKEDIT segment (address = 0x90ef1000 size = 0x144) of /System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/Cocoa overlaps with __TEXT segment (address = 0x90eef000 size = 0x41000) of /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork on the assumption that the stripped output will not overlap
These errors don't prevent successful building, running, and distribution of my application, but I'm not comfortable ignoring the warnings.

Suggestions?

Thanks and regards,
DayLateDon

Forum Links
Forum Rules