Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Bootcamp- BSOD when restarting after installing drivers

Bootcamp- BSOD when restarting after installing drivers
wai-men
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2007, 05:00 AM

I need help! These drivers are driving me insane!

I got my Macbook yesterday (Mon 19th Feb 2007), installed all software updates and I have the latest firmware and Mac OS version - tried installing Windows XP Home SP2...

After installing the drivers i restart and then i get a blue screen of death with no helpful error code- it just says that i should check the hard drive for corruption or to uninstall newly installed hardware, so i decided to just delete the partition boot camp made and reinstall windows.

I tried again, after installing the drivers i restarted and got the same blue screen of death and again i could only get into windows by pressing F8 and booting into 'Safe Mode' (sometimes F8 doesn't register until trying several times).

There's got to be something wrong with the drivers in Boot Camp Vers 1.1.2 surely??? Someone convince me otherwise!! Any help would be greatly appreciated

(P.s: Im a Mac noob- but good with windows... i think )

Dean364
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2007, 11:04 AM

What Macbook pro did you get? Core 2 Duo, or just a Core Duo? I had alot of problems with Bootcamp 1.1.2 and Vista with my non-Core2 Duo Macbook.

See if you can find Bootcamp 1.1 and use that drivers CD.

wai-men  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2007, 11:35 AM

I've got a Macbook Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz 60GB 512MB RAM Combo Drive (soz should have stated that in the original post )

I'm beginning to think it might not be worth installing the boot camp beta with all the problems ive been hearing- but i really wanted to install XP on my macbook as well seeing as though i'm a newbie to OS X.

I've tried hunting for the Boot Camp 1.1.1 version but no success, unless there is anyone out there who can supply me with it ?

spice003
Forum Regular
Feb 23, 2007, 11:32 PM

i got them on the cd . but i dont know how to send them to you. let me know if know a way.

spice003
Forum Regular
Feb 23, 2007, 11:34 PM

does anybody know when they are going to release new bootcamp drivers, the mouse is driving me crazy also other features would be nice.

wai-men  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2007, 01:17 PM

Nah i fink i'll give up on the bootcamp. Ive gotten used to mac os x now and ive actually come to lyk it!!

But i'll probably just try the final version of bootcamp... is apple going to release Bootcamp as a standalone piece of software by any chance- i think i remember reading somewhere saying they are but cant quite remember...?

Philip J. Fry
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2007, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by wai-men View Post
Nah i fink i'll give up on the bootcamp. Ive gotten used to mac os x now and ive actually come to lyk it!!

But i'll probably just try the final version of bootcamp... is apple going to release Bootcamp as a standalone piece of software by any chance- i think i remember reading somewhere saying they are but cant quite remember...?
Well, the rumor sites were stating that Apple may release Boot Camp final to Tiger users for a small fee, much like iChat AV when it was released with Panther; Jaguar users had to pay $29.95 for it.

jay2003
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2007, 02:56 PM

I too got the BSOD when installing Boot Camp Drivers on a Macbook Pro. I disconnected all USB devices and my network connection. On the my next try, no BSOD. If you've got a mini or Mac Pro, I'd try with just a keyboard and mouse connected. If you've got a laptop, don't connect any USB devices while doing the install.

wai-men  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 28, 2007, 07:41 PM

@jay2003

Didnt have any peripherals connected, but still got the BSOD :s

girlishmoon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2007, 09:10 PM

I have exact same comp as you. Bought mine last week. 1.1.2 boot camp, I got no crashes. The difference is that i used WinXP Pro SP2 instead of the home edition.

Forum Links
Forum Rules