Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Airport Reception on TiBook

Airport Reception on TiBook
jasong
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2003, 01:51 AM

Maybe this has been posted before, but if so I missed it.

Anyone with a Ti-Book (I have the 1 GHz) who is having reception problems with Airport should be sure to try and change the channel it is connecting on. I had been on 4 and today switched it to five. I am now sitting in bed typing this with 4 solid bars whereas before the channel change I would get 2 at best and frequently lose the connection.

I am glad I discovered this. It was frustrating to see that I got better reception from the random networks in my building that people haven't bothered to close (I am not sure why I pay for internet access with so many people offering it to me for free!).

Now if there was only a way to get my original base station (graphite) to work with my VPN at work . . .

-- Jason

Forum Links
Forum Rules