Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > iColon doesn't seem to work when shapeshifter is on?

iColon doesn't seem to work when shapeshifter is on?
trevorM
Forum Regular
Dec 13, 2005, 08:40 PM

I installed iColon on my computer because, I saw it in action and like the look of it. But noticed it does not show up or take effect when I have a shapeshifter theme running.

Is this normal or is there some way around it?

Cheers + Thanks for your help.
Apple Powermac G5: Dual 1.85GHz | 80Gb System | 3Gb Ram | GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL | BT | Airport | Apple 30" Cinema HD Display Apple Powerbook AL G4: 12" | 1.5Ghz | 60b System | 1.25Gb Ram | Airport | BT Other: Airport Express | Airport Extreme | TiG4 PB 800Mhz | 20" iMac G5 w/ built in iSight | Swivel Screen iMac G4 800Mhz | iPod Mini | iPod Nano | Maxtor One Touch 250GB | Sony Ericsson T630

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Dec 13, 2005, 09:35 PM

that's a good question...
it seems shapeshifter dominates over icolon.
i've wondered about this too...

(sorry not an answer, just supporting your question!)
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Burk3
Dec 14, 2005, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by trevorM
I installed iColon on my computer because, I saw it in action and like the look of it. But noticed it does not show up or take effect when I have a shapeshifter theme running.

Is this normal or is there some way around it?

Cheers + Thanks for your help.
the problem actually lies in iSphincter. Try reinstalling iSphincter, or get this app called iColonoscopy which may tell you where the problem is.

</crappyHumor>

smeger
Mac Elite
Dec 14, 2005, 02:47 AM

ShapeShifter overrides it. iColon patches files on the filesystem, ShapeShifter patches them at runtime.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

Forum Links
Forum Rules