Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > sticky mouse and keyboard

sticky mouse and keyboard
maddie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 24, 2006, 07:15 PM

i have owned my imac for two months. the mouse and/or keyboard have a tendency to freeze up, in other words, i cannot type anything into browser fields, or anything for that matter. i have tried unplugging and replugging both the mouse and keyboard USB cables, and sometimes that works, but if it doesn't, i have to restart the computer. anyone experience this problem or have any advice.

thnx

quangdiggity
Aug 25, 2006, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by maddie
i have owned my imac for two months. the mouse and/or keyboard have a tendency to freeze up, in other words, i cannot type anything into browser fields, or anything for that matter. i have tried unplugging and replugging both the mouse and keyboard USB cables, and sometimes that works, but if it doesn't, i have to restart the computer. anyone experience this problem or have any advice.

thnx
I had this problem with the keyboard. It would occasionally freeze until unplugging and replugging. I think this was a common problem. I remember reading about it on the apple support discussion boards. I had to take it back to the apple store to be exchanged. The store would only exchange the whole box (this was within 2 weeks of purchase), not the keyboard alone. But I'm pretty sure the problem was the keyboard, because it didn't happen when I plugged in a different apple keyboard of the same model.

Forum Links
Forum Rules