Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS/FT: Santa Rosa Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz for PC based gaming laptop

FS/FT: Santa Rosa Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz for PC based gaming laptop
kaltek
Oct 16, 2007, 10:37 AM

I need something more seamless in winblows so I am forced to part with this beautiful piece of work.

Specs are basically stock for the 2.2 all documents and sales receipt. It was purchased the beginning of June iirc

Pics upon request. I will also accept trades for a similarly spec'd PC laptop in the 15.4-17 range

As far as price goes. I will start off with $1750+Shipping and see what people think

I have heatware and ebay feedback under kaltek657
Macbook Pro~ 2.0Ghz Duo:2GB Ram:ATi x1600 128vram:160GB WD Scorpio:Matte Screen:Superdrive:
Accessories~24" LCD, Z-5500, 500GB Seagate external,Herman Miller Desk and Aeron Chair

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 17, 2007, 01:13 AM

refurbished is only $1699

kaltek  (op)
Oct 17, 2007, 03:34 PM

Never fails to amaze me the caliber of person I get here. Every time I try and sell something on this site I get threadcrapped about something. I have an idea here.... If you don't like the price offer something or walk away. Send it in a private msg. It wouldn't be such a big issue if this wasn't the 1st time this has happened, but I am beginning to think that either lame people who are apple wienies just roam this site. Or that the moderation is so poor that people feel like they can say what ever they want to.

Oh and again you are comparing apple refurnished to something which I would have no problem providing pictures of to show that it is in next to new condition. I've seem multiple instances of apple refurbs haven't nicks, dents, scrapes etc

If anyone feels compelled to make a serious offer you may. For the most part I will not be bringing any more items to this site though. I have lost faith in this sites quality.
Macbook Pro~ 2.0Ghz Duo:2GB Ram:ATi x1600 128vram:160GB WD Scorpio:Matte Screen:Superdrive:
Accessories~24" LCD, Z-5500, 500GB Seagate external,Herman Miller Desk and Aeron Chair

Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2007, 03:46 PM

If you post a price that it higher than somewhere else, and someone tells you that, I wouldn't call it thread-crapping. I know it's annoying, but really, its only $51 less than the price you're asking, and if you can offer a better price, you can sell it faster.

CTSxViper
Oct 17, 2007, 04:13 PM

Well, honestly I think a person has a right to sell something and list it for what they want. Professional courtesy in forums dictate that if you want to state something like this, it should be by PM. That really is proper forum etiquette honestly.

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 17, 2007, 04:22 PM

I honestly don't know why he is whining, I merely mentioned a refurbished is $1699 for comparison for those who were interested in this item.

I've got some good cheese to go along with the "whine" if you want some.

Veritas&Equitas
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 17, 2007, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by kaltek View Post
Or that the moderation is so poor that people feel like they can say what ever they want to.
That's pretty much the truth. The moderation here on MacNN is almost nil (i.e. reporting spammers in the marketplace sometimes takes 6 hours to be taken down).

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 17, 2007, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by loveanh View Post
I honestly don't know why he is whining, I merely mentioned a refurbished is $1699 for comparison for those who were interested in this item.

I've got some good cheese to go along with the "whine" if you want some.
Your post looks an awful lot like "thread crapping," and hopefully the meaning of this term comes through in this context. The impression is that your post is saying that his price is not reasonable. This is not only not helpful overall, it's against the Marketplace rules. Please take a moment to read those rules-they are in addition to the overall forum rules-look particularly at #10. Unlike other forums, threads in the Marketplace are for the use of those involved in potential transactions, and while constructive criticism is fine, one must be very careful about tone, quality of information, the difference between fact and opinion, etc... Generally, if you're not thinking about participating in the transaction, it might be better not to participate at all, because posts that leave a negative impression tend to hurt the OP's chances of making a deal.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2007, 05:27 PM

I don't disagree, but posts like this are in practically every thread where there is a lower price offered elsewhere... If there is a crackdown here, there should be in other threads, too.

reader50
Administrator
Oct 17, 2007, 05:29 PM

Obvious spam (ie - Phonez 4 SALE!!! Freshly Stolen!) gets cleaned out almost immediately, anywhere. If "spam" is something more forum-specific, we normally leave it to a moderator of the forum in question.

For example, this thread. I'm not a Marketplace Mod, so I have no clear idea of what they consider OK vs bad etiquette in FS threads. So this would not be addressed (if needed) until Lateralus or Steve checks in. Depending on time zone, work schedules, etc.

Valid reference comparisons don't seem so bad, but there was no reference given. ie - no link. And I'm still not a Marketplace Mod.

vri2i
Forum Regular
Oct 18, 2007, 05:40 PM

Matte or Glossy screen ?

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 19, 2007, 02:03 AM

I was simply stating his deal is comparable to the refurbished MB Pro from Apple. If I could afford a MB Pro I'd rather buy it from a seller who has kept it in MINT condition versus a refurbished MB from Apple.

I'm no way jacking/crapping his thread.

kaltek  (op)
Oct 21, 2007, 11:10 AM

Glossy

Forum Links
Forum Rules