Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > Molto: Doesn't work well enough with my mail servers!?

Molto: Doesn't work well enough with my mail servers!?
HamSandwich
Feb 1, 2014, 05:35 AM

Hey,

I wanted to use Molto to use with various mail accounts from self-hosted websites. However, while I can configure my accounts, it doesn't recognize my 'sent mails' folder, so it creates an own folder - which breaks imap, that is, it can't sync with an iPhone for instance. Any idea? I thought Molto was so popular! So it should be rather well done...? Any workarounds? Any good alternatives for mail apps? Molto felt cool as concept, though...

Greetings,
Pete

HamSandwich
Feb 22, 2014, 12:35 PM

Ah, as a final answer, I thought I'd say it was a problem with the German serves. Molto didn't recognize my "Gesendete Objekte" folder, when I created a new "Sent Items" one, it found it and started to work with imap even there.

I somehow couldn't create it so easily on the server itself, btw, so I logged in using Mail app, and it created the folders automatically. That's what Molto should do, too...

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 22, 2014, 04:37 PM

I find it interesting that a modern software product would choke on a localization term. Maybe an email to Molto's developers is in order.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

HamSandwich
Feb 23, 2014, 07:57 AM

Feedbacked.

It is not so useful, really. It works if you decide to use only apps on your devices, but when you intended to use web-based client to read and write mails, and combine with apps, it works no longer. This is strange. It is not so important what the goddamn folders are called anywhere, as long as the clients are in German and somewhat useable. Hmm.

Pete

Forum Links
Forum Rules