Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Outlook Express-please help!!

Outlook Express-please help!!
sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 3, 2000, 09:44 PM

When my "old" version of outlook express just decided to bite the dust about a week ago i decided it would be nice to get the new version. So i dowloaded it from zdnet.com unstuffed it and then it said to install the program simply drag the folder on to the hard disk, drop it, and watch the magic happen....yea right, what it did was "magically" freeze my computer right after the "copying to" box appeared. so i says to myself hmmmm maybe bad dowload or suttin'. So i deleted it re-downloaded it from c/net this time got it ready dragged dropped....no dice same friggin' thing happened. I am seriously stumped everything else i dowload installs fine of course they have an installer and not this Drag n' Drop method, so if you have the same prob. or know how to get my e-mail back without dowloading a 2nd-rate program please share your knowledge with me. thanx...

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jan 3, 2000, 09:46 PM

Oh yea, the previous version freezes whenever i try to look at a message by clicking on it so if you can help me get the old version workin' the hell with the new one!!! and also (huff-huff!) the error that occurs in the old program is a system error, the outline of the box appears but the insides never appear.
<whew!>

[This message has been edited by sek929 (edited 01-03-2000).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules