Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > New Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard / Mouse

New Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard / Mouse
milhous
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2003, 03:49 AM

Presenting the Logitech diNovo Media Desktop...

More info at:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?pa...9&languageid=1

Priced at $249.95

No Mac support yet, but I'm sure it'll happen at some point. It looks damn good that's for sure. But is it worth $250?
F = ma

iDORK
Forum Regular
Dec 29, 2003, 06:44 PM

I just purchased the Logitech DiNovo combo keyboard, media pad, and MX900 setup today. The MX900 and Keyboard connected to my Powerbook 15" AL (OS X Panther) easily via Bluetooth wireless. It is even labeled "Logitech MX 900 Mouse" and "Logitech DiNovo keyboard" in the Bluetooth preference.

I originally purchased the MX900 mouse seperately and it had a silverfinish to it, whereas the the MX900 that came with the DiNovo setup has a blue tint to it. Both work the same, no noticeable lag; quite accurate but still requires Logitech driver/software to utilize all its features.

The included media pad has an LCD display with a numeric pad. Its suppose to notify you of incoming instant message and E-mail according to Logitech. Unfortunately, I can't get it to connect. I tried setting up the Bluetooth preference to locate "other device" but nothing was found. This needs the Logitech software. I'm going to hook it up to my PC shortly.

The DiNovo keyboard is excellent! It is responsive and comfortable - the keys feel great. It is very lightweight and thin. The volume keys work with OS X. Key functions such as media, mail, sleep, etc. don't work unfortunately. Overeall, I'm satisfied with the purchase! Lets just hope Logitech will release some software/driver soon!

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 31, 2003, 11:02 AM

Looks nice. I'd love to see Mac drivers though. Wont consider buying until then.

EmAn
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 1, 2004, 05:17 PM

Why would anyone pay that much for that?

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2004, 06:55 PM

it certainly looks nice, but $250 for a keyboard and mouse is a bit absurd. the mouse is $100 on its own (already more expensive than others on the market, and not nearly as portable) and no matter how useful that little screen on the keypad is, I don't think it justifies a $150 keyboard.

"I start fires!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules