Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > New MacMini with BT keyboard and mouse

New MacMini with BT keyboard and mouse
mhodos
Mar 2, 2005, 09:28 AM

Hi there,

My wife's BTO Mac Mini (1.42/512/80/BT-AE/SD was shipped yesterday from China. I have all the other pieces ready to go (BT Keyboard and Mouse, iSight, KVM switch - although I'm only going to be using the V part for now).

Will I need a USB Keyboard and mouse for initial setup, registration, etc? I seem to remember when I bought my BT keyboard/mouse for my PB that the instructions said I'd need a wired set for initial setup.

Thanks,

Mike

thebobs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2005, 10:34 AM

Originally posted by mhodos:
Hi there,

My wife's BTO Mac Mini (1.42/512/80/BT-AE/SD was shipped yesterday from China. I have all the other pieces ready to go (BT Keyboard and Mouse, iSight, KVM switch - although I'm only going to be using the V part for now).

Will I need a USB Keyboard and mouse for initial setup, registration, etc? I seem to remember when I bought my BT keyboard/mouse for my PB that the instructions said I'd need a wired set for initial setup.

Thanks,

Mike
No, it will find the BT keyboard and mouse and pair them, a little picto-graph shows up and shows you what to do. Just make sure they are powered on before you boot up. Worked great with mine.

mhodos  (op)
Mar 2, 2005, 11:00 AM

Thanks very much for the response.

I do have a friend who's BT keyboard lost the connection and needed to be re-paired. Unfortunately, without a backup wired one he couldn't enter his password to log-in where he could have repaired them using the mouse, I believe.

I guess it's not a bad idea to have a spare set around, but glad to know it's not required right out of the box.

Thanks again,

Mike

power142
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 2, 2005, 11:57 AM

Just think of it this way - if at some point in the future your BT keyboard gives up (batteries die or something else), you can plug any USB keyboard into for similar functionality (only wired, of course)

Forum Links
Forum Rules